Overview: 8x8 Meet with 8x8 Work
Combine the flexible communication capabilities of 8x8 Work with powerfully collaborative meetings via 8x8 Meet! With 8x8 Meet, take your team meetings to the next level via integration with calendar apps, high-definition audio and video, advanced meeting management features, and much more!
For details on 8x8 Meet features available to different user types, click here.
Familiarize yourself with meeting features, as well as additional collaboration features specific to 8x8 Work. Then:
- To access 8x8 Meet, download:
- Schedule meetings.
- Join meetings.
- Learn about your in-meeting experience.
8x8 Meet with 8x8 Work enables you to use the following features:
- Personal meeting space: Take advantage of a personal meeting space unique to you, which you can add to any scheduled event in the calendar you work with. In addition, you can configure your meeting settings to use randomized meeting space names for added security!
- 8x8 Meet and calendar integration: Integrate 8x8 Meet with one of the following calendars to take advantage of the convenience of your usual calendar app and the power of 8x8 Meet! Simply schedule in your calendar, and with one click or tap from your app, add a meeting to your scheduled event.
- Apple Calendar
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Via our downloadable meeting plug-ins, combine the convenience of scheduling from start to finish in Google Calendar and Office 365 with the capabilities of 8x8 Meet.
- HD audio and video: Take advantage of a high-fidelity meeting experience that makes collaborating more efficient than ever.
Join via dial-in domestically or internationally: Dial in to the meeting using phone numbers available in over 50 countries; use a phone number local to you to dial in to a meeting free of international charges!List of countries available for dial-in
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- Russian Federation
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Join via 8x8 Spaces: If your organization uses in-room conferencing systems to facilitate team and company meetings, you can take advantage of the convenience of your in-room systems when joining via 8x8 Meet.
- Record meetings: Record meeting audio, video, and content sharing, and distribute recordings among participants for future reference.
- Invite participants at any time: Invite participants ahead of time via email, or during the meeting via chat or dialing out via phone to quickly mobilize your team.
- View real-time meeting subtitles: If you want to quickly scan through what was said in a meeting without sitting through a full-length recording, or find it difficult to hear what is spoken while you’re in a meeting, simply activate real-time meeting audio subtitles, and then view a transcript that contains all subtitles that were generated during the meeting!
Stream meetings live: Take advantage of live streaming your meeting via a verified YouTube account to reach a potentially-unlimited audience.
Note: Ensure that you are using a verified YouTube account to stream, as an account can take 24 hours to be verified before you are able to stream through it.
For details, see YouTube Help content on how to enable live streaming on your YouTube account.
- Share on-screen content: If you are joining from your desktop app or via browser on desktop, you have the ability to instantly share a web page, presentation, or app window on your desktop with meeting participants!
- Quickly get a presenter’s attention: If you want to ask a question or raise a point without interrupting a presentation, simply use the “Raise hand” feature to make yourself noticeable to a presenter or moderator who will call on you.
- Join meeting chat: Participate in group chat with all meeting participants at any time, or chat with participants individually in private chat.
- Optimized performance no matter where you are: Regardless of your location, 8x8 Meet gives you the best possible performance by routing your connection through the datacenter closest to you.
- Ability to take over another user’s desktop: If a participant joining via their desktop app needs something clarified, such as how to use a piece of software you are discussing, you can send a request to connect to their desktop if you have joined from your desktop app or via desktop browser. Once the participant accepts, they begin sharing their screen so that you can take remote control of their desktop; this allows you to answer the participant’s question and demonstrate the solution to all participants in the meeting.
- View analytics on your team's meeting experience: As an administrator for 8x8 Work via 8x8 Admin Console, get an overview of your organization’s 8x8 Meet usage and quality at any time!
- Brand your team's meeting experience: Brand your team's meeting spaces by adding your organization's logo, and add a custom background color or image to enhance your meetings with your organization's look and feel.
- Advanced meeting moderator settings: Take advantage of advanced meeting features and settings; control your audio quality, manage which presenter is most visible to participants, and more!
- Control access to moderator settings as an admin: As an administrator, control whether people outside of your organization have access to in-meeting moderator settings.
- Control your meeting audio quality your connection quality drops to ensure a smooth meeting experience.
- Manage which presenter is most visible to participants via the “Everyone follows me” setting; with this setting enabled, if you select a person for viewing, that person becomes visible to everyone else in the meeting.
- To eliminate unwanted background noise during a presentation, select whether participants join the meeting with their microphones muted by default.
- Mute the audio or stop the video of any participant if needed, or mute everyone other than the current presenter to eliminate unintended background noise.
In addition to 8x8 Meet features, your 8x8 Work apps give you access to:
- Company and personal contact directory: Communicate and coordinate with your contacts quickly and efficiently, whether they are contacts from your company phone system or personal contacts from outside of your organization.
- Phone calling capability: Enjoy a flexible and efficient calling experience, and enhance your communications via a versatile call management system.
- Business IM and SMS: Send and receive messages with your colleagues individually or in a group, or with external contacts.
- Business fax: Send virtually any document on your computer as a fax, and manage past and received faxes from the convenience of your app.
Note: If your organization is an 8x8 Meet-only customer rather than an 8x8 Work customer, you do not have access to features specific to 8x8 Work.