Note: This feature is available to all users, but 8x8 Work, 8x8 Meet, and guest users must invite participants via different methods.
For details on 8x8 Meet features available to different user types, click here.
Invite participants in meetings
In meetings with 8x8 Meet, if new subjects are discussed or if urgent topics come up, you can quickly invite new participants who can contribute to the conversation.
- As an 8x8 Work user: During a meeting, invite participants via your 8x8 company directory if they are company contacts.
- As an 8x8 Work or 8x8 Meet user: During a meeting, have the meeting dial out to the invited participant for an audio-only experience.
- As a registered or guest user: Invite participants at any time by copying and sharing meeting details with them via chat or email.
Note: The ability to invite company contacts is only available via 8x8 Work apps.
Once you have entered all the contact names as needed, click or tap Invite to invite the desired contacts via chat.
Note: Only people in your 8x8 Work company directory can be invited by name; if you need to invite external participants, invite them by sending them meeting details or via dial-out.
- Once the participant clicks or taps the link in their chat invite, they are immediately connected to the meeting.
- In a meeting, click Invite people to start entering the phone numbers of the desired participants. If you are joining via your mobile app, tap More actions first to see this option.
- Once you have entered all the phone numbers needed, click or tap Invite to dial out to the desired participants.
- Participants are called at the specified phone numbers.
- Once the participant picks up, they are immediately connected to meeting audio.
- In a meeting, click Invite people to open your options for inviting participants. If you are joining via your mobile app, tap More actions first to see this option.
- To share meeting info:
- On desktop apps or browsers: Click Copy next to the meeting URL to copy the URL, or next to the dial-in info to copy the dial-in info. Paste this meeting information into an email or message to the participant to invite.
On mobile apps: Enter the name of a company contact (or any phone number) and confirm, or click Share to send meeting info via one of your device's messaging or email apps. Meeting information is automatically pasted into a new email or message if you select to invite external non-company contacts via an app.
Note: If a passcode has been set for the meeting, this passcode is not copied along with other meeting details; you must provide this passcode manually.
- Send the meeting information to the desired participant, enabling the participant to join via desktop browser or dial-in.