Invite Participants in 8x8 Video Meetings
In 8x8 Video Meetings, if new subjects are discussed or if urgent topics come up, you can quickly invite new participants who can contribute to the conversation.
- As a Virtual Office or 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone user: Invite participants at any time by copying and sharing meeting details with them via chat or email.
- As a Virtual Office user, you can also invite participants directly from within a meeting:
- Invite participants via your 8x8 company directory if they are company contacts.
- Have the meeting dial out to the desired participant for an audio-only experience.
Note: The ability to invite company contacts is only available via the Virtual Office desktop app and Virtual Office mobile app.
Once you have entered all the contact names as needed, click or tap Invite to invite the desired contacts via chat.
Note: Only people in your 8x8 company directory can be invited by name; if you need to invite external participants, invite them by sending them meeting details or via dial-out.
- Once the participant clicks or taps the link in their chat invite, they are immediately connected to the meeting.
Note: The ability to dial out to participants is only available via the Virtual Office desktop app and Virtual Office mobile app.
- Once you have entered all the phone numbers needed, click or tap Invite to dial out to the desired participants.
- Participants are called at the specified phone numbers.
- Once the participant picks up, they are immediately connected to meeting audio.
- Click the Meeting info icon to open meeting details. If you are joining via your mobile app, tap the More actions icon first to see this option.
- To share meeting info:
- On web or desktop app: In the meeting details, click Copy to copy the meeting URL and dial-in info. Paste this meeting information into an email or message to the desired participant.
On mobile app: Select from the menu of sharing options that appear, such as copying to your clipboard, sending via your device’s messaging or email app, and more. Meeting information is automatically pasted into a new email or message if you select an app from the menu.
Note: If a passcode has been set for the meeting, this passcode is not copied along with other meeting details; you must provide this passcode manually.
- Send the meeting information to the desired participant, enabling the participant to join via web or dial-in.