You are here: Record Meetings
Record 8x8 Video Meetings
Let’s say you are hosting an important meeting or presentation in 8x8 Video Meetings that not everyone will be able to attend live; to ensure that everyone can review what was discussed in the meeting, you can simply record the meeting for future reference and share it with participants. In the collaborative environment of 8x8 Video Meetings, anyone attending from their desktop or mobile app can record the meeting as needed!
When you start recording, you can choose to store the meeting recording under Meetings > Recents in your app, or using your external Dropbox cloud file storage.
Note: You can only record meetings if you are attending a meeting via your desktop or mobile app.
To record a meeting with 8x8 Video Meetings:
- Click or tap the More actions icon to open a menu of advanced meeting controls and options.
- From the options, click or tap Start recording. At the prompt:
- If you joined via desktop or mobile app: Select whether to store the recording under Meetings > Recents in your app, or to store it in Dropbox.
- If you choose your app, confirm to begin recording the meeting.
- If you choose Dropbox, you are prompted to sign in to Dropbox. Once you sign in, you begin recording the meeting.
- If you joined via web: Sign in to Dropbox to begin recording the meeting.
- If you need to stop the recording before the meeting ends, click the recording option again to toggle it off.
To share a meeting recording stored in your app:
- If you recorded a meeting from your app and chose to store your meeting recording in your app, open your desktop or mobile app.
- In the app, go to Meetings > Recents to see your list of recent meetings. If a meeting has one or more files associated with it, including recordings, a Files icon shows up next to the meeting.
- From the list of meetings, select the desired meeting to see the details and recordings associated with it.
- From the meeting details, hover over the recording and click the Download icon that appears to download the recording.
- Once you have downloaded the recording, you can share the recording file as needed with participants.
To share a meeting recording stored in Dropbox:
- If you recorded a meeting and chose to store your meeting recording in Dropbox, go to the Dropbox address you specified prior to recording.
- From the specified Dropbox storage location, you can share the recording file as needed with participants.
Open topic with navigation