You are here: Requirements
Join 8x8 Video Meetings
With 8x8 Video Meetings, whether you are organizing a meeting or invited to one, you can join your meeting in a way that is most convenient and efficient for you.
Requirements to Run 8x8 Video Meetings
- Via browser: 8x8 Video Meetings supports the following browser and platforms:
- Google Chrome
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Via Virtual Office apps: If you install the Virtual Office desktop app or the Virtual Office mobile app for iOS or Android, there are no additional requirements needed to join meetings via Virtual Office.
- Via 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone apps: If you install the 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone app for desktop or mobile, there are no additional requirements needed to join meetings via 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone.
8x8 Video Meetings Participant Capacity
8x8 Video Meetings supports up to 50 in-meeting participants (via Chrome, desktop and mobile apps, and dial-in combined) who can present or contribute, and an unlimited number of spectators can observe the meeting via live streaming on YouTube.
Note: If the meeting has already reached its participant capacity when you try to join, you see a notification. If you need to join the meeting, reach out to the meeting organizer.
Join 8x8 Video Meetings from Desktop or Mobile Apps
As an 8x8 Video Meetings user accessing meetings via Virtual Office or 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone apps, you have the ability to join a meeting in your synced calendar from the comfort of your desktop app or the convenience of your mobile app.
To join 8x8 Video Meetings from your desktop or mobile app:
- In your desktop or mobile app, go to the Meetings tab.
- If you have synced your calendar, such as iCloud or Microsoft Exchange, you see a list of your upcoming calendar events.
- If a calendar event does not have a meeting attached, it is marked with an Add meeting icon; events with meetings already attached do not show this icon. To join a scheduled meeting, click or tap it from your list of meetings.
- Once you join the meeting, your audio and video automatically connect to the default microphone, speaker, and camera of your computer or device. If the meeting is passcode-protected, enter the passcode provided by the meeting organizer.
Join 8x8 Video Meetings from Your Calendar
As an organizer or participant in an upcoming meeting with 8x8 Video Meetings, you can join your meeting from its associated calendar event.
To join from your calendar:
- In your preferred calendar, such as Google Calendar, open the event details of the desired upcoming meeting that you scheduled or were invited to. From the calendar event details, you see a meeting URL.
- To join the meeting, click the URL to join the meeting via browser. If you are logged in to the desktop app, the meeting launches in your app instead. You are automatically connected to meeting audio and video using the default microphone, speaker, and camera of your computer or device. If the meeting is passcode-protected, enter the passcode provided by the meeting organizer. To identify yourself to other participants, enter your name.
Join 8x8 Video Meetings as an External Guest
If you are invited to a meeting with 8x8 Video Meetings via email, your email invitation contains the information you need to join a scheduled meeting.
As a guest, you have access to 8x8 Video Meetings via web on your desktop computer, or via the app on your mobile device.
Note: If you join 8x8 Video Meetings via web, you cannot invite participants or record meetings.
Note: To join as a guest on mobile from an email invitation, you must have the Virtual Office mobile app or 8x8 Video Meetings Standalone mobile app installed, but you do not need to log in.
To join as a guest:
- As the time for a scheduled meeting approaches, open the email invite associated with it to view how you can join. From the email invite, you see a meeting URL.
- Click or tap the meeting URL. Depending on whether you are joining on desktop or on mobile, your experience joining the meeting is different:
If you join via web on your desktop computer: You are automatically connected to meeting audio and video using the default microphone, speaker, and camera of your computer or device. If the meeting is passcode-protected, enter the passcode provided by the meeting organizer. To identify yourself to other participants, enter your name.
- If you join on mobile:
If you have the app installed: The app opens and prompts you to join the meeting. Depending on whether you are logged in or not, you are prompted to join via a user account or as a guest. Choose whether to join the meeting in full mode or audio-only mode, and confirm to join.
Note: On iOS, if you join in full mode with video enabled, you can select between loudspeaker audio and the audio of a headset associated with your mobile device. To switch to ear-speaker audio, you must switch to audio-only mode under the More actions menu in the meeting interface.
- If you do not have the app installed: A browser page opens with the full list of dial-in numbers associated with the meeting. From the list, tap the desired dial-in number local to you to join via audio only, or click Download the app to access meeting video.
Join 8x8 Video Meetings via Dial-In
When joining from your calendar or email invitation, you can choose to join a meeting by dialing in from your phone for an audio-only experience.
To join via dial-in:
- In the calendar event or email invite associated with an upcoming meeting with 8x8 Video Meetings, review the dial-in numbers available for the meeting. If you do not immediately see a number local to your country or region, you may need to open the option to view more numbers.
- Dial the desired number and listen for a meeting ID prompt.
- At the prompt, enter the meeting ID associated with the meeting. If the meeting is passcode-protected, you are also prompted to enter the passcode provided by the meeting organizer. You hear a confirmation, and you are connected to meeting audio.
Open topic with navigation