Get started: your profile and settings
Once you log in to 8x8 Work for Desktop, you can instantly begin personalizing your 8x8 Work experience. If you have questions, see our FAQs on getting started with 8x8 Work for Desktop!
- Navigate the application interface: Collaborate more efficiently than ever with your colleagues and external contacts via phone, chat, meetings, and more!
- Use and manage your keyboard shortcuts: Make calls and perform tasks more quickly via convenient keyboard combinations!
- Set up your presence status: Let your contacts know if you are available to communicate at a glance, and view your colleagues' availability at any time.
- Set up your profile image: Put a face to your name in the contact directory, and spot your colleagues more easily in the app.
- Set up notifications: Keep yourself posted on new communications by setting up notifications for calls, chats, faxes, and voicemails.
- Set up your audio and video devices: Enhance your calling and 8x8 Meet experience by selecting which audio and video devices to use for 8x8 Work.
- Select your Caller ID: If you need to stay anonymous during external calls, or if you use multiple Caller IDs, you can switch between them at any time.
- Verify your emergency address: To better alert emergency services of your location when you make an emergency call, you can verify your emergency address in 8x8 Work.
- Set up call forwarding: Going on vacation, or busy with a time-sensitive task? You can simply set up call forwarding to redirect incoming calls as needed.