Use the powerful business-class voicemail feature of 8x8 Work for Desktop to view and listen to your voicemails online, have them delivered to your email box, or access them by phone. A voicemail is a voice message that a caller leaves when you are not able to answer their call. When you can’t answer the phone, 8x8 voicemail is there with all the business-class features you need.
- View, manage, delete, and download your voicemails online at any time!
- Filter your voicemails based on the name or number of the caller or, if you are part of a call queue or ring group, filter by which queue or group the voicemail is meant for.
- Listen to voicemails via email, by phone, or by logging in to 8x8 Work for Desktop
, or in to 8x8 Work for Mobile on iOS or Android.
- Return calls directly from a voicemail message.
- Send a message to the caller who left the voicemail. The caller must be a user in the same phone system.
- Download voicemails for local record-keeping on your computer.
- Receive voicemail notifications via email: receive voicemail alert notifications or voicemail audio file attachments via email.
In addition to finding your received voicemails under Calls in the app, you can also access and manage your voicemails via phone. In addition, you can edit your settings to be notified via email when you receive a voicemail.
To access and manage voicemails from the app:
Go to Calls > Voicemails to view all recent voicemails.
- Scroll through the list or enter the phone number you are looking for in the search bar.
- You can play or pause, fast-forward or rewind, and change the audio speed of a voicemail to review it. The voicemail that is currently playing is highlighted in blue, so you can easily find it even if you have scrolled away from the voicemail.
You can also:
- Call back: Hover over the voicemail, and click the Phone option that pops up.
- Delete: Hover over the voicemail, click
the More option that pops up, and then select theDelete option that pops up. You are able to select which voicemails you want to delete; once you are finished selecting, click Delete.
- Mark as read or unread: Hover over the voicemail, click the More option that pops up, and select Mark Read or Mark Unread. You are able to select which voicemails you want to mark; once you are finished selecting, click Mark read or Mark unread to confirm.
Download: Hover over the voicemail, click the More option that pops up, and select Download to save it as an AU file. A window pops up in which you can choose where to store the downloaded file. Once the voicemail has finished downloading, you receive a notification in the corner of your screen.
- Message: Hover over the voicemail, click the More option that pops up, and select Message to send a chat message to the caller who left the voicemail.
- View contact details: Hover over the voicemail, click the More option that pops up, and select Contact details to view information associated with the caller who left the voicemail.
- Block caller: If enabled by your administrator, block a spam caller.
To access and manage voicemails via phone:
You can access your voicemails using your extension or another extension in the same PBX, or change your voicemail greeting via desk phone. For details on navigating the voicemail menu, you can view the 8x8 Voicemail Quick Reference Guide.
Access voicemail via email
To access and manage voicemails via email as an X Series or Virtual Office Editions user:
- Under Settings > Account settings > Voicemail, enable email notifications for incoming voicemails.
- When you receive a voicemail in 8x8 Work, you can open the email notification to access the desired content.
To access and manage voicemails via email as a Virtual Office Classic user:
Open your 8x8 Account Settings app to access your account settings.
Note: If you do not have the 8x8 Account Settings app downloaded, go to Settings > Account settings and open the download page for the app.
- Under My Services, enable email notifications for incoming voicemails. In the email, you can choose to include:
- A link to a web page where you can access your voicemails, and an attachment containing the voicemail.
- Only an attachment containing the voicemail.
- Only a link to a web page where you can access your voicemails.
- Only a written notification that the voicemail was received.
- When you receive a voicemail in 8x8 Work, you can open the email notification to access the desired content. If you configured your email notifications to include an attachment containing the voicemail, you can access your voicemail directly from your inbox.
Create personal contacts from voicemails
If you frequently communicate with a number outside of your company contacts, you can create a personal contact directly from a voicemail.
- Go to Calls > Voicemails.
- Hover over the desired contact, and then click the More option that appears to open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down, select Create new contact to start creating a new contact; the number and Caller ID (if one exists) are automatically filled in.
- Enter the contact details.
- When you are finished, save your changes. The personal contact now shows up under Contacts > My Contacts.