8x8 Video Meetings with Virtual Office combines flexible communication capabilities with powerfully collaborative meetings. With 8x8 Video Meetings, take your team meetings to the next level via integration with calendar apps, high-definition audio and video, advanced meeting management features, and much more!
For details on how you can collaborate via 8x8 Video Meetings, see our 8x8 Video Meetings user guide.
8x8 Video Meetings with Virtual Office enables you to use the following features:
- Personal meeting space: Take advantage of a personal meeting space unique to you, which you can add to any scheduled event in the calendar you work with. In addition, you can configure your meeting settings to use randomized meeting space names for added security!
- 8x8 Video Meetings and calendar integration: Integrate 8x8 Video Meetings with one of the following calendars to take advantage of the convenience of your usual calendar app and the power of 8x8 Video Meetings! Simply schedule in your calendar, and with one click or tap from your app, add a meeting to your scheduled event.
- Apple Calendar
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Via our downloadable meeting plug-ins, combine the convenience of scheduling from start to finish in Google Calendar and Office 365 with the capabilities of 8x8 Video Meetings.
- HD audio and video: Take advantage of a high-fidelity meeting experience that makes collaborating more efficient than ever.
Join via dial-in domestically or internationally: Dial in to the meeting using phone numbers available in over 50 countries; use a phone number local to you to dial in to a meeting free of international charges!
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- Russian Federation
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Join via 8x8 Meeting Rooms: If your organization uses in-room conferencing systems to facilitate team and company meetings, you can take advantage of the convenience of your in-room systems when joining in 8x8 Video Meetings.
- Record meetings: Record meeting audio, video, and content sharing, and distribute recordings among participants for future reference.
- Invite participants at any time: Invite participants ahead of time via email, or during the meeting via chat or phone number to quickly mobilize your team.
Stream meetings live: Take advantage of live streaming your meeting via a verified YouTube account to reach a potentially-unlimited audience.
Note: Ensure that you are using a verified YouTube account to stream, as an account can take 24 hours to be verified before you are able to stream through it.
For details, see YouTube Help content on how to enable live streaming on your YouTube account.
- Share on-screen content: If you are joining from your Chrome browser or your desktop app, you have the ability to instantly share a web page, presentation, or app window on your desktop with meeting participants!
- View real-time meeting subtitles: If you want to quickly scan through what was said in a meeting without sitting through a full-length recording, or find it difficult to hear what is spoken while you’re in a meeting, simply activate real-time meeting audio subtitles, and then view a transcript that contains all subtitles that were generated during the meeting!
- Quickly get a presenter’s attention: If you want to ask a question or raise a point without interrupting a presentation, simply use the “Raise hand” feature to make yourself noticeable to a presenter or moderator who will call on you.
- Join meeting chat: Participate in group chat with all meeting participants at any time, or chat with participants individually in private chat.
- Optimized performance no matter where you are: Regardless of your location, 8x8 Video Meetings gives you the best possible performance by routing your connection through the datacenter closest to you.
- Ability to take over another user’s desktop: If a participant joining via their desktop app needs something clarified, such as how to use a piece of software you are discussing, you can send a request to connect to their desktop if you have joined via web or the desktop app. Once the participant accepts, they begin sharing their screen so that you can take remote control of their desktop; this allows you to answer the participant’s question and demonstrate the solution to all participants in the meeting.
- Advanced meeting moderation features: Take advantage of advanced meeting features and settings; control your audio quality, manage which presenter is most visible to participants, and more!
- Control your meeting audio quality your connection quality drops to ensure a smooth meeting experience.
- Manage which presenter is most visible to participants via the “Everyone follows me” setting; with this setting enabled, if you select a person for viewing, that person becomes visible to everyone else in the meeting.
- To eliminate unwanted background noise during a presentation, select whether participants join the meeting with their microphones muted by default.
Note: If your organization does not enable creating or joining meetings in the Virtual Office mobile app, you do not have access to meetings from within Virtual Office.