Process phone interactions
8x8 Contact Center agents are typically assigned to one or more phone queues. Phone queues prioritize and deliver phone interactions to agents whose status is Available, and who are assigned to an enabled queue. Agents can set their status indicating their availability to accept interactions. For details about agent statuses, see how to set your status. For details about opting in or out of queue assignments, see how to view your assigned queues.
As 8x8 Contact Center agents, use 8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions. to:
- Accept inbound phone interactions
- Record conversations
- Play recorded messages
- Add notes during phone interactions (if settings permit).
- Transfer phone interactions to different agents, phone numbers, or phone queues.
- Initiate outbound phone calls.
- Set up a multi-party phone conference.
- Make outbound phone calls to agents and external phone numbers.
- Handle Agent whisper.
- Manage card payment via 8x8 Secure Pay.
- Connect agents to experts via phone and chat.