For quality assurance, contact centers typically record conversations between agents and customers. In 8x8 Contact Center, depending on the business needs, conversations may be recorded automatically or agents may be allowed to record calls when necessary. Please consult your supervisor for best practices about recording your customer calls.
Depending on your call recording permission, you may be able to:
- Start recording calls but not stop it (Recording stops at the call termination)
- Start and pause recording
Note: Recording controls may be disabled based on the business needs.
To record a call:
- While on an active call, click the to begin recording.
- Notice the control changes to a red button to indicate the recording is in progress.
- Click again to stop or pause recording.
Note: If enabled by your administrator the call recording will be stopped once the last agent leaves the call transferred via a warm transfer or a conference call.