What's new in the 8x8 Contact Center 8.4 release (with Unified Login)?
In the 8x8 Contact Center 8.4.4 release, we have introduced new enhancements, and features that benefit agents, supervisors, and administrators. The release guide gives an overview of the enhancements and discusses changes in behavior to help you with the transition. See the changes in behavior when configuring users.
The release guide is for 8x8 Contact Center users who have access to 8x8 Unified Login, and discusses features and changes introduced in this release.
Unified Login: Ability to log in to 8x8 Contact Center with a common username and password.
Administrators for 8x8 Contact Center tenants have the following new and improved capabilities:
- Access the default user group: Use the default group to create an agent quickly.
- Introduced Users: A user in 8x8 Contact Center can be an administrator or an agent or both. You can now use a single username and password to log in to 8x8 Contact Center as an administrator and/or an agent.
- Enhanced Security: Password setup is now performed only through system generated emails.
- Enhanced Dial Plans: System-configured dial plans now support extension-to-extension dialing.
- Improved access to Channels and Scripts:
- Improved Access: Channels and scripts are organized by media type for better access.
- Channel Type: Channels are classified as agent channels and service channels.
- Scripts: New default scripts are available to enable direct agent routing.
Agents who serve 8x8 Contact Center tenants have the following new and improved capabilities:
- Improved Agent-to-Agent Dialing: Dial another agent using a system-assigned extension number. This feature requires the right settings in dial plans.
- Improved Login Time for Agents: The time to log in to 8x8 Agent Console has been greatly improved.
- Improved Chat Window Capacity: We have increased the chat window capacity to 5000 characters.
- Ability to Clone Tasks in Local CRM: Agents can replicate tasks quickly with a click on the task form, creating a new task.
- Streamlined Access to 8x8 Analytics for Contact Center: Supervisors and agents can now launch 8x8 8x8 Analytics for Contact Center from 8x8 Agent Console, eliminating the need for a separate login.
You can also access the list of bugs fixes addressed in the release.