Previous releases for supervisors
You can find 8x8 Contact Center previous releases here:
- Controlling call recording on third-party transfers: 8x8 Contact Center administrators can choose to stop call recording on the third-party transfers when the last contact center agent leaves the call. Let's say the contact center agent transfers the call to a customer or a third-party caller who is outside the contact center, via a warm or cold transfer. Or, the agent decides to drop out of a conference call as the last contact center agent. Using this feature, stops the call recording to avoid sensitive information to be recorded. Calls to 8x8 Work extensions are also considered third-party calls and therefore affected by this rule. For details about call recording, see User Guide's content on record phone interactions.
- Introducing AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. whisper for phone queues: In this release, 8x8 Contact Center agents can now hear an audio message (whisper) about the context of the call they have dialed or received via a queue. Agent whisper is an audio file that can be uploaded and assigned by the tenant administrator to an inbound or outbound queue. Agent whisper informs the agent, upon connection, about the connected call. Let’s say John serves support calls as well as sales calls. Upon receiving calls, the system plays a brief message stating if it is a sales or a support call. Agent whisper plays an uninterrupted prompt for the agents. The whisper can be talked over by both parties. It can be implemented for both inbound and outbound calls such as campaign calls. For details, see our content about Agent whisper for phone queues.
- Introducing 8x8 Contact Center SMS: In this release, 8x8 Contact Center introduces communication via SMS inbound channels. SMS has become a popular channel of communication in customer service. Let’s say customers of a car insurance company want to check their claim status or send related inquiries, they can simply send SMS messages to an SMS number published by the insurance company. These messages are routed via SMS channels and chat queues to agents, and offered to them as chat interactions for responses.
As 8x8 Contact Center supervisors, you can monitor traffic in chat queues, which handle SMS interactions. From the SupervisorAn agent with the supplementary privileges required to create FAQ categories and answers, monitor agent interactions in progress, listen to recordings of previous interactions, and create reports for the agents groups they supervise. Console, go to Menu > Monitoring. Under QueueA queue is an ordered collection of interactions waiting to be served by agents qualified to respond to these interactions. In addition to enabling the call center administrator to customize how incoming interactions are prioritized and routed, queues also ensure that interactions are never lost or discarded. Monitoring, check out the number of interactions entered, accepted, rejected, or abandoned by an agent for each queue, including the chat queue that processes SMS interactions. This data is available in real time, for the past 30 minutes, and for the day.
Learn more about monitoring SMS interactions metrics.
- Monitor transferred chat interactions: As an 8x8 Contact Center supervisor, you want to track how efficiently chat interactions are being handled by agents. When agents transfer interactions, you want to understand the reason for transfer, was it transferred to the right department? Did the agent ask all the right questions before transferring? Did the agent accepting the transferred conversation receive all the necessary information to handle the chat? Get answers to all your questions in your Monitoring tool.
Learn more about contextual information in chat transcripts.
- Introducing the Answer Machine Detection (AMD) Service: In 8x8 Contact Center when the dialer is used in its aggressive mode, it can call more numbers than available agents, to maximize agent efficiency. The dialer needs a service which detects the calls answered by a machine, instead of people, and filters them. We have now introduced the Answer Machine Detection (AMD) service to identify such calls and allocate the calls answered by people to the available agents. When the AMD service identifies a machine-answered call, it sends a one-way message to the call routing to end that call and resolve it automatically. AMD is a learning service and it needs some time to build an effective library of known audio samples before it reaches the maximum efficiency. Once this is done, the AMD service resolves a machine-answered call quicker than the manual effort of an agent. The transaction code appears on the Transaction Codes report.
Note: The AMD service is not applicable to the outbound calls placed by an agent, but the calls routed via campaigns.
- Ability to Detect TCPA-Listed Phone Numbers via Carrier Call Blocking (CCB): 8x8 Contact Center is now able to detect TCPA-listed phone numbers via Carrier Call Blocking (CCB) service for US customers. The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) designed to safeguard consumer privacy restricts telemarketing communications via calls, SMS texts, and fax. To comply with TCPA, we have introduced Carrier Call Blocking (CCB) service for campaign calls which allows the campaign manager in the Dialer to apply special routing to two carriers: Brightlink and RSquared. They will then run dialer calls through a service that checks whether or not the phone number is listed on a Do Not Call (DNC) or mobile block list. If listed, the call is terminated by the carrier and an appropriate Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) code response is sent back to the interaction router. The call is then handled by our Auto-TCL and completed. If CCB is enabled for your campaign, the dialer checks whether the outbound call’s phone number is listed on TCPA list. The transaction code appears on the Transaction Codes report.
- Ability to Automatically Assign Transaction CodeThe Transaction Codes feature enables agents to supply supplemental information about the reason for or outcome of an interaction. Transaction codes provide enhanced metrics or enable the calling line ID on an outbound call to be modified. For example, transaction codes could be created for different categories of sales activities such as Initial Contact, Prospect, Customer Satisfied, and so on. (Auto-TCL): 8x8 Contact Center automatically assigns transaction codes to the campaign calls when the destination party is not available to answer the call, or the call cannot be completed, such as when there is a busy tone or dead line. This also includes identifying calls that are answered by a machine. Auto-TCL works with Answering Machine Detection (AMD) service to identify such calls and automatically disposition them. It then moves onto the next call with minimal agent disruption. This feature allows agents to be more efficient with their time. Auto-TCL feature must be provisioned for the tenant and enabled by the administrators. The transaction code appears on the Transaction Codes report.
Note: Auto-TCL supports campaign calls only.
Improved Control of Conference Calls: We have now introduced the concept of a Host and added hierarchical control to conference calls. In this new behavior, the host can remove participants without requesting them to take any action. When a conference call is created, the longest connected agent becomes the host, unless there is a supervisor present, in which case, the supervisor will be the host. The host is then dynamically transferred when participants join and leave the call. For example, when a supervisor host leaves a call, the ownership passes to the next longest present supervisor, or if none are on the call, to the longest present agent.
Prior to this release, when agents, supervisors, and other participants were on a conference call, agents and supervisors relied upon the goodwill of participants to drop their connection and leave the call. To remove a participant as a host, while in a conference call in 8x8 Agent Console8x8 Contact Center's browser-based graphical user interface (GUI) used by Agents to manage customer interactions., click next to the participant's name and click Confirm. For details, see our content on how to remove an agent from a conference call.
We have introduced a new filter to search the closed cases in History Activity. This feature helps supervisors investigate customer complaints regarding an agent's lack of response.This feature particularly helps investigate a case that has been accidentally closed by an agent. For example, when processing related emails from a customer, an agent closes a case assuming it is related to the case he has reviewed. The unhappy customer may escalate the issue. With the improved search filter, the customer's complaint is now easier to track. For details, see our content on FAQ page.
New features and enhancements to 8x8 Supervisor Console impact supervisors and agents. Some of these features are available to agents and supervisors by default, while others need to be enabled by administrators to benefit from the functionality.
The following are features and enhancements introduced in recent product releases:
- Refreshed New Look for 8x8 Contact Center: Whether you are an agent or a supervisor of 8x8 Contact Center, you will certainly love the new refreshed user interface of all our applications. Look out for the notifications when you launch your application. Please note that we have kept all our functionality workflows intact so there is no learning curve for you.
- Enhanced Usability of Rich Text Editor: Agents using the Local CRM can now craft their cases and follow-ups using the updated rich text editor. Drag and drop your images or paste them from your clipboard quickly improving your productivity. See Insert Images in Case Description.
Known Limitation: Copying (Ctrl-C) and pasting (Ctrl-V) images is currently not supported on Internet Explorer 11. You can drag and drop the images.
- Enhanced FAQs for Customers: Assist your callers with more elaborate FAQs not worrying about the limited word count. The character limit for your FAQ is now increased from 4k to 40k. See how you can create FAQs answers.
Supervisors manage content of FAQs to be used by all agents. To verify the behavior:
- Simply log in to your 8x8 Supervisor Console.
- From the Menu, select Help > FAQ.
- Click Add FAQ.
- Add a new FAQ that runs to approximately 3-4 pages of text content.
- Save the FAQ. You will notice the FAQ is saved even if the character count exceeds 4k.
- Increased Length of Email Addresses: You can now save email addresses exceeding 55 characters. The maximum limit now stands at 254 characters. This change allows many areas such as saving longer email IDs of agents, customers in Local CRM, setting up email notification for voicemails, and more. See how to configure your user profile and email address.
For the complete list of areas benefited with this enhancement, see below.
Compressed Embedded Images: When you embed a high resolution image in your case, follow-up, or an FAQ, they are compressed automatically for faster processing and for saving bandwidth. Simply drag and drop the desired images into your content. See how to Insert Images in Case Description.
Note: The maximum size allowed for image attachments is 20 MB. You can drag and drop images up to a maximum size of 10 MB.
The following are features and enhancements introduced in recent product releases:
- Improved Broadcasting: Agents now receive an improved broadcasting message informing them of a platform switch. In addition to the notification message, a red alert bar also shows up at the top of the Control Panel alerting agents and reminding them to exhaust the interactions waiting in the queue. Agents are required to log out and log back in as they may experience some instability during the platform switch. This feature is specific to agents, but also available to supervisors.
- Ability to save agent preferences on server: Agents can now save their preferred settings on the server and access them on different computers or browsers. Prior to this enhancement, agents were able to save their preferences on their profiles and access them at the browser level only. This feature is specific to agents, but also available to supervisors.
- Allow agents to change display name: This new improvement allows agents to present themselves with a customized display name. The new feature ensures the agents privacy and helps them save time and effort to introduce themselves to customers every time they start a new chat. The agent display name appears in the 8x8 Agent Console's Control Panel, Profile page, chat window, and CRM case created after a chat session. It can be modified by the 8x8 Contact Center administrator in the Configuration Manager, or if permitted, by the agents in 8x8 Agent Console. The updates in 8x8 Agent Console application immediately appears in Configuration Manager and vice versa. This feature is specific to agents, but also available to supervisors. See Configure your Profile to learn how agents can configure their profiles.
- Agent Whisper: Contact center supervisors can barge into active calls between agents and customers, listen in, and coach or train agents live with the Whisper feature.
- Automatic Monitoring: The silent monitoring feature allows supervisors to eavesdrop on a conversation between an agent and a customer without either party knowing that they are being monitored.
- Enhanced usability of real-time monitoring: Supervisors can access the monitoring tool from an easy-to-access monitoring tab along with other Local CRM tabs.
- Ability to pop open the monitoring window: Supervisors can open the monitoring window in a separate pop-up window.
- Improved Monitoring: The monitoring data is updated even when the supervisor's status is Break. Moreover, the last monitoring configuration before the supervisor logs out is saved, and presented when they log back in.
- Localization: We support European French and German.
- Browser Support: We support the Microsoft Edge browser.