What's new in the 8x8 Contact Center integration for Microsoft Dynamics?
In this release, we are introducing the following enhancements:
New installation package version 0.3.7
In this release, we are introducing an updated installation package (version 0.3.7) that enables agents to use the 8x8 Contact Center app version 2.0. This new installation package also supports email in external CRM. For more information about downloading the latest integration package or updating an existing package, refer to our Set up the integration topic.
Support for email in external CRM
Email in external CRM is now supported on the latest integration package (version 0.3.7). To configure email in external CRM, click here.
Previous releases of 8x8 Contact Center integration for Microsoft Dynamics
In previous releases, we introduced the following enhancements for the 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics:
- Support for Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service
- Integration support for Microsoft Dynamics Unified Interface
In this release, we are introducing support for Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service. In addition to the support for the same functionalities available for Microsoft Dynamics Sales, the 8x8 Contact Center integration for Customer Service also supports searching for the Case object.
The updated 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics supports the existing functionality in the Unified Interface. To use the 8x8 Contact Center app with the new Microsoft Dynamics Unified Interface, the admin must download the latest integration package for Microsoft Dynamics (version 0.3.6).
To confirm that you are using the Unified Interface:
- Look at the label listed on the apps:
- Open an app and look for “appid=” in the URL. Only the Unified Interface displays the app ID in the URL.
- Verify that the version number displayed for your 8x8 integration package for Microsoft Dynamics is version 0.3.6. To locate the integrations package, log in to your Microsoft Dynamics account and go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Settings > Solutions.
8x8 Contact Center integration for Microsoft Dynamics now supports SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) functionality.
To enable SSO login for agents, you must configure SSO login from Microsoft Azure, and 8x8 Admin Console. For more information, refer to Set up Single Sign-On.