You are here: Overview
Overview: New Meetings Experience
The New Meetings Experience with Virtual Office combines flexible communication capabilities with powerfully collaborative meetings. With the New Meetings Experience, take your team meetings to the next level via integration with calendar apps, high-definition audio and video, advanced meeting management features, and much more!
- Personal meeting space: Take advantage of a personal meeting space unique to you, which you can add to any scheduled event in the calendar you work with.
- Virtual Office and calendar integration: Integrate Virtual Office with one of the following calendars to take advantage of the communication capabilities of Virtual Office, the convenience of your usual calendar app, and the power of the New Meetings Experience! Simply schedule in your calendar, and with one click or tap from your Virtual Office app, add a meeting to your scheduled event.
- Apple Calendar
- Google Calendar
- Microsoft Exchange
- Office 365
- Via our downloadable meeting plug-ins, combine the convenience of scheduling from start to finish in Google Calendar and Office 365 with the capabilities of the New Meetings Experience.
- HD audio and video: Take advantage of a high-fidelity meeting experience that makes collaborating more efficient than ever.
Join via dial-in domestically or internationally: Dial in to the meeting using phone numbers available in over 50 countries; use a phone number local to you to dial in to a meeting free of international charges!
List of countries available for dial-in
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- Russian Federation
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Join via Spot in-room systems: If your organization uses Spot in-room conferencing systems to facilitate team and company meetings, you can take advantage of the convenience of your in-room systems when joining in the New Meetings Experience.
Stream meetings live: Take advantage of live streaming your meeting via a verified YouTube account to reach a potentially-unlimited audience.
Note: Ensure that you are using a verified YouTube account to stream, as an account can take 24 hours to be verified before you are able to stream through it.
For details, see YouTube Help content on how to enable live streaming on your YouTube account.
- Share on-screen content: If you are joining from your browser or the Virtual Office desktop app, you have the ability to instantly share a web page, presentation, or app window on your desktop with meeting participants!
- Record meetings: Record meeting audio, video, and content sharing, and distribute recordings among participants for future reference.
- Invite participants at any time: Invite participants ahead of time via email, or during the meeting via chat or phone number to quickly mobilize your team.
- Quickly get a presenter’s attention: If you want to ask a question or raise a point without interrupting a presentation, simply use the “Raise hand” feature to make yourself noticeable to a presenter or moderator who will call on you.
- Join meeting chat: Participate in group chat with all meeting participants at any time.
- Advanced meeting moderation features:
- Take advantage of advanced meeting features and settings; control your audio quality, manage which presenter is most visible to participants, and much more!
- Control your meeting audio quality your connection quality drops to ensure a smooth meeting experience.
- Manage which presenter is most visible to participants via the “Everyone follows me” setting; with this setting enabled, if you select a person for viewing, that person becomes visible to everyone else in the meeting.
- Optimized performance no matter where you are: Regardless of your location, the New Meetings Experience gives you the best possible performance by routing your connection through the datacenter closest to you.
- Ability to take over another user’s desktop: If a participant joining from the Virtual Office desktop app needs something clarified, such as how to use a piece of software you are discussing, you can send a request to connect to their desktop if you have joined via web or the Virtual Office desktop app. Once the participant accepts, they begin sharing their screen so that you can take remote control of their desktop; this allows you to answer the participant’s question and demonstrate the solution to all participants in the meeting.
Open topic with navigation