You are here: Requirements
Join Meetings with the New Meetings Experience
With the New Meetings Experience, whether you are the organizer or an invitee of a meeting, you can join your meeting in a way that is most convenient and efficient for you.
Requirements to Run New Meetings Experience
- Via browser: The New Meetings Experience supports the following browsers and platforms:
- Google Chrome
- Android devices
- iOS devices
- Via Virtual Office: If you install the Virtual Office desktop app or the Virtual Office mobile app for iOS or Android, there are no additional requirements needed to join meetings that use the New Meetings Experience via Virtual Office.
New Meetings Experience Participant Capacity
The New Meetings Experience with Virtual Office supports up to 50 in-meeting participants (via browser, Virtual Office, and dial-in combined) who can present or contribute, and an unlimited number of spectators can observe the meeting via live streaming on YouTube.
Note: If the meeting has already reached its participant capacity when you try to join, you see a notification. If you need to join the meeting, reach out to the meeting organizer.
Join New Meetings Experience from Virtual Office
As a Virtual Office user with the New Meetings Experience, you have the ability to join a meeting in your synced calendar from the comfort of your desktop app or the convenience of your mobile app.
To join from your Virtual Office desktop or mobile app:
- In your Virtual Office desktop or mobile app, go to the Meetings tab.
- If you have synced your calendar, such as iCloud or Microsoft Exchange, you see a list of your upcoming calendar events.
- If a calendar event does not have a meeting attached, it is marked with an Add meeting icon; events with meetings already attached do not show this icon. To join a scheduled meeting, click or tap it from your list of meetings.
- Once you join the meeting, your audio and video automatically connect to the default microphone, speaker, and camera of your computer or device. If the meeting is passcode-protected, enter the passcode.
Join New Meetings Experience from Your Calendar
As an organizer or participant in an upcoming meeting with the New Meetings Experience, you can join your meeting from its associated calendar event.
To join from your calendar:
- In your preferred calendar, such as Google Calendar, open the event details of the desired upcoming meeting that you scheduled or were invited to.
- From the calendar event details, you see a meeting URL, and phone numbers to join via dial-in for an audio-only experience.
To join the meeting:
- Click the URL to join the meeting via browser. You are automatically connected to meeting audio and video using the default microphone, speaker, and camera of your computer or device. If the meeting is passcode-protected, enter the passcode. To identify yourself to other participants, enter your name.
- Dial in using one of the listed phone numbers for an audio-only experience. If the meeting is passcode-protected, enter the passcode.
If you open the provided link to a page with additional dial-in numbers, you see a list customized for your country; if there is a dial-in number local to your country, numbers local to you show up first, followed by dial-in numbers for other countries.
Join New Meetings Experience as an External Guest
If you are invited to a meeting with the New Meetings Experience via email, your email invitation contains the information you need to join a scheduled meeting.
As a guest, you have access to the New Meetings Experience via web on your desktop computer, or via your mobile device. To join as a guest on mobile from an email invitation, you must have the Virtual Office mobile app installed, but you do not need to log in.
To join as a guest:
- As the time for a scheduled meeting approaches, open the email invite associated with it to view how you can join.
- From the email invite, you see a meeting URL, and phone numbers to join via dial-in for an audio-only experience.
Join New Meetings Experience via Dial-In
When joining from your calendar or email invitation, you can choose to join a meeting by dialing in from your phone for an audio-only experience.
To join via dial-in:
- In the calendar event or email invite associated with an upcoming meeting with the New Meetings Experience, review the dial-in numbers available for the meeting. If you do not immediately see a number local to your country or region, you may need to open the option to view more numbers.
- Dial the desired number and listen for a meeting ID prompt.
- At the prompt, enter the meeting ID associated with the meeting. If the meeting is passcode-protected, you are also prompted to enter the passcode. You hear a confirmation, and you are connected to meeting audio.
Join via Spot In-Room Systems
Let’s say your organization uses Spot in-room conferencing systems to facilitate team and company meetings. As a Spot in-room system user, you can take advantage of your usual system and the features of the 8x8 New Meetings Experience.
Set up Spot in-room systems as an admin
As an administrator, you can pair a conference room television with a supported tablet that has the Spot app installed. Once you pair the television and the tablet, the tablet will be used as a remote by people in the conference room to join the New Meetings Experience via Spot.
To set up Spot in-room systems as an admin:
- On the television you will pair with the Spot app, go to https://spot.8x8.vc/spot to open a web page.
- At the prompt in the web page, enter the pairing code assigned to the television. This pairing code can be found in Configuration Manager under Home > Meetings.
- Confirm the pairing code you entered to see a device setup screen where you can select the audio, video, and screen sharing devices for Spot in the conference room. You can preview audio and video quality for the selected devices before you confirm.
- Click Next to bring up a pairing code for a supported tablet (with the Spot app installed) for use as a remote with the television.
- Turn on the tablet you want to pair with the television, and open the Spot app.
- Via the Spot app, go past the starting screen to open a pairing code prompt.
- At the prompt, enter the pairing code shown on the television.
- In the television, confirm the pairing to finish assigning the tablet as a remote for the television's Spot in-room conferencing system.
To join via Spot in-room systems:
- In a conference room that is set up for Spot, open the Spot app on the tablet paired with the conference room television.
In the meeting calendar of the Spot app on the tablet, you can:
- Join a scheduled meeting.
- Launch an unscheduled meeting.
Launch an unscheduled meeting with content sharing immediately enabled.
Note: If the conference room is set up with screen sharing via HDMI in addition to screen sharing via Wi-Fi, you can choose how you want to share your screen in the meeting.
- Access a dial pad to dial in to the meeting.
- Once you join or launch a meeting, you can:
- Share or mute audio.
- Share or stop video.
- Share on-screen content.
- Toggle between tile view and regular view for participant video and content sharing.
- Leave the meeting.
Open topic with navigation