You are here: Record in Meeting
Record in a Meeting
Let’s say you are hosting an important meeting or presentation in the New Meetings Experience that not everyone will be able to attend live; to ensure that everyone can review what was discussed in the meeting, you can simply record the meeting for future reference and share it with participants. In the collaborative environment of the New Meetings Experience, anyone can record the meeting as needed!
When you start recording, you can choose to store the meeting recording under Meetings > Recents in Virtual Office, or using your external Dropbox cloud file storage.
To record a meeting with the New Meetings Experience:
- Click or tap the More actions icon to open a menu of advanced meeting controls and options.
- From the options, click or tap Start recording. At the prompt:
- Via Virtual Office: Select whether to store the recording under Meetings > Recents in Virtual Office, or to store it in Dropbox.
- If you choose Virtual Office, confirm to begin recording the meeting.
- If you choose Dropbox, you are prompted to sign in to Dropbox. Once you sign in, you begin recording the meeting.
- Via web: Sign in to Dropbox to begin recording the meeting.
- If you need to stop the recording before the meeting ends, click the recording option again to toggle it off.
To share a meeting recording stored in Virtual Office:
- If you recorded a meeting from a Virtual Office app and chose to store your meeting recording in Virtual Office, open your desktop or mobile app.
- In the app, go to Meetings > Recents to see your list of recent meetings. If a meeting has one or more files associated with it, including recordings, a Files icon shows up next to the meeting.
- From the list of meetings, select the desired meeting to see the details and recordings associated with it.
- From the meeting details, hover over the recording and click the Download icon that appears to download the recording.
- Once you have downloaded the recording, you can share the recording file as needed with participants.
To share a meeting recording stored in Dropbox:
- If you recorded a meeting and chose to store your meeting recording in Dropbox, go to the Dropbox address you specified prior to recording.
- From the specified Dropbox storage location, you can share the recording file as needed with participants.
Open topic with navigation