Set up chat channels
8x8 Contact Center chat channels serve to direct chat requests from customers to contact center agents via chat queues. 8x8 Contact Center provides options to embed links to chat channels on your website. Customers can initiate a live chat session with the agents by clicking the link.
- Facilitate communication of chat interactions in and out of a 8x8 Contact Center tenant.
- Process incoming chat requests using the chat channels and direct chat requests from customers to contact center agents.
- Interact directly with the appropriate queues via skill-based routing rules.
- Ability to embed links to chat channels on your website or on the Support Center.
- Create, edit, and delete chat channels.
Setting up a chat channel in 8x8 Configuration Manager involves:
- Configuring chat channel properties
- Configuring embedded chat design
- Creating a chat script
- Assigning a script to the chat channel