8x8 Contact Center supports chat media, allowing agents to process chat interactions with its customers in a timed manner similar to processing phone calls. Chat interactions directed to your contact center enter a chat queue. In turn, the queue offers these interactions to its members based on their skill set and availability.
Configuring a chat queue involves:
- Defining chat queue properties
- Assigning chat queue members
- Configuring chat queue greetings
- Setting up chat queue message priority
- Defining chat queue SLA
- Configuring chat queue email fallback