You are here: Gather Your Credentials
Once you have access to Virtual Contact Center for Zoho, follow the checklist below in order to get started:
Gather Your Credentials
In order to use Virtual Contact Center for Zoho, you need:
- Login access to a Zoho account.
- Login access to an 8x8 Virtual Contact Center agent account.
Add Chrome Extension
As a Zoho agent, you must add a Google Chrome extension for integration with 8x8.
To add the 8x8 Integration Chrome extension:
- Open the Chrome web store.
- Search for <8x8> in the Chrome web store. 8x8 Virtual Office for Integrations appears in the list.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add Extension to confirm.
- In the Chrome browser, click the More icon and go to More Tools > Extensions. 8x8 Integrations now shows up, and is enabled by default.
Log in to the Integration
Single Sign-On is not supported in Virtual Contact Center for Zoho; you must also log in to 8x8 integration after you log in to Zoho.
To log in to the integration:
- Log in to your Zoho account.
- In the bottom-right corner of your home screen, click the 8x8 integration icon.
The application launches in a floating browser window.
- At the prompt, enter your user ID and password to log in to Virtual Contact Center for Zoho. Consult your supervisor for credentials.
You are now logged in to the app. The application launches and places you in the On Break status.
Note: You must change your status to Available to be able to handle interactions.
- Click Available or Work Offline to change your status.
For details on agent status and an overview of Agent Console, see our Quick Start Guide. Agent Console enables agents to use a graphical user interface (GUI) to manage customer interactions across all channels.
Activate the Integration (Optional)
In order for your integration to function, ensure that the integration is connected with Zoho via your settings. By default, the integration is connected.
To activate the integration:
- Click the Settings icon in your integration panel.
- Go to Integrations > Zoho > Connect.
- If connected successfully, a message shows Connected.
- Click X to return to the main screen of the integration. Your integration is now active.
Tour the Interface
The Virtual Contact Center for Zoho interface consists of a navigation menu with the following menu items.
- Under the VCC tab, you can access the complete functionality of Agent Console to manage customer interactions across most channels. For details, see our Quick Start Guide.
- Under the Search tab, you can view the list of matched records when an inbound call matches multiple records. Select the desired contact from the list. If the call is from an unknown number but an existing contact, you can look up existing contacts and assign the call to the desired contact.
- Under Settings , you can customize your app settings.
- Integrations > Zoho: Manage your Zoho integration settings for call logging and screen pop.
Under Integrations, you see:
- Auto Call Log: Enable this option to automatically generate a log for all phone calls, chat interactions, and voicemails. A call log includes information about the time a call was initiated, terminated, duration and more. A chat log includes the chat time and transcript. Just like a phone log, the voicemail log includes information about the time a call was initiated, terminated, duration, and more. This option is enabled by default.
- Search Types: Search for Contact and Account objects. These options are enabled by default. You can also search for Lead and Vendor objects once enabled.
- Locale: View the language or location of this integration. This integration is currently supported only in the US and UK.
- Report a Problem: Send feedback on an issue or suggest an improvement.
Advanced: In Virtual Call Center Setup, enter your VCC domain and VCC CM Integration Data Request Token, and click Save. These details are provided by your administrator.
Note: Do not edit the information in these fields.
- About: View details on your user extension and the app.
Set up a Phone to Receive Calls
To handle interactions with your callers, you need to set up a phone. You can set up a softphone or a desk phone from the agent profile in Virtual Contact Center for Zoho to receive calls.
To set up a phone to receive calls:
- From the Menu drop-down, select Profile.
- In your Personal settings, enter a Workplace Phone number or a Workplace SIP URI.
- Click Make Verification Call to verify the phone number.
- Make sure the phone number is in the correct format. For example, you may need to dial <1> before your area code. Check with your administrator for the correct format.
- Click Save.
Check Queue Assignments
To process phone, chat, and voicemail interactions in Virtual Contact Center for Zoho, you must be a member of phone, chat, and voicemail queues.
Note: Phone queues are separately defined for inbound and outbound communications.
To check your queue assignments:
- From the Menu drop-down, select Profile.
- In your Assigned Queues settings, click the desired tab for inbound phone, outbound phone, chat, or voicemail queues.
- Make sure your queue assignment is active.
Open topic with navigation