What's new in Beta for 8x8 Admin Console?
Ability to manage user groups for Beta users
This release introduces the new User Groups feature for Beta customers.
Note: If you want to learn more about it, please contact your 8x8 Admin Console to provide access to the 8x8 Admin Console - User Groups standalone guide.
The new User Groups feature allows admins to limit the scope of access in specific role assignments by giving customers more segmented access to data, such as call recordings access.
For example, supervisors can only see recordings related to those groups they are responsible for and the members who belong to them.
Note: Each user can belong to only one user group at a time.
Based on the user groups, admins can scope role assignments for recordings to a limited group of users:
- Set up user groups
- Assign members to a specific user group
- Create new permissions and role assignments based on user groups
- Limit users' access to recordings
Create role assignments for accessing call recordings that are scoped to recordings from specific groups of users:
- View groups and their members - allows members only to view groups and their members.
- Manage membership only - allows users to view and edit groups and only to add members to groups.
- Manage groups and their members - allows users to view, edit or delete groups and to add or remove members from groups.
Provide data access control to call recordings for a specific group of users.
Admins can now create role assignments for accessing call recordings that are scoped to recordings from particular groups of users:
Manage user groups - Through the new Work Groups > User Groups section, admins can:
- Create, edit, and delete user groups in Admin Console
- Search user groups by group name
- Download the user groups report in a CSV format
- Add, delete or move members to another group
- Edit members in bulk - move users to another group or remove users from this group
Assign a user to a user group from the Users page - As an admin, you can assign a user to a specific group while creating or editing a user.
- Manage new permissions and role assignments based on user groups - Through the Roles & permissions page, you can create roles based on the following new permissions:
- View groups and their members - allows users to view groups and their member permissions.
- Manage membership only - allows users to view groups and add or remove members to/from a group.
- Manage groups and their members - allows users to view, add, edit or delete groups and to add or remove members to/from groups.
- Provide limited data access control for the Storage application - As an admin with permissions granted for the Storage app, which gives access to call recordings, you can now provide a limited data access control for the Storage Admin and Storage API roles. The Storage filter is visible on the Role Assignments page only if the user has the appropriate permissions for the Storage app.
Handle user access to recordings - You can now assign limited access to recordings based on specific user groups.
Depending on the permissions and scope(s) granted, users can see:
- Only the recordings for users belonging to a specific group
- The recordings for users belonging to all groups.
- The recordings for users belonging to that particular site (cluj) and all groups.
If you want to learn more about user groups, see Set up user groups.