What's new in September ?
8x8 Contact Center is planning to introduce the following new feature enhancements later this month.
Support for Email routing in 8x8 Contact Center integration with Salesforce
Prior to this release, 8x8 Contact Center customers were limited to using the Local CRM for processing email interactions. With this release, we will support processing email interactions in 8x8 Contact Centerfor Salesforce. This allows routing emails to agents, and to have these emails automatically stored in Salesforce when an agent accepts and responds to the emails. This enhancement in the Salesforce integration supports:
Replying, forwarding, and transferring emails.
Sending new and follow up emails.
Adding an email to a case that has been created in Salesforce.
We will introduce email channel support for other External CRMs in future.
Ability to retain Calling Line Identifier (CLI) in transferred calls
Currently, when you transfer a call to an 8x8 owned phone number or 8x8 Work extension, the number of the original caller (Calling Line Identifier) is not passed through. As a result, the person handling the transferred call cannot identify the caller quickly. In this release, we are introducing the ability to pass the CLI information when transferring a call to an 8x8 owned number or 8x8 Work extension number. This means back office workers can automatically see the customer information when that customer has been transferred to them by a contact center agent to gain specialized assistance. This capability is enabled using outbound phone codes. Calls can be transferred using different methods:
- Transfer button
- Add participant
Ability to filter Contact Directory
As an 8x8 Contact Center, you can now filter contacts in the directory by user type and presence status. You can quickly filter the list based on user type such as contact center agent, 8x8 Work user, or an external contact. Also, filter by presence status such as agents who are available, on break, working offline, and more.
In the month of August, we have fixed the following bugs.
|VCC-56206||Case field media type cannot be edited.|
|VCC-58059||Supervisor on persistent connection has no audio when monitoring an agent.|
|VCC-59727||8x8 Agent Workspace: In My Profile/Settings, the "Save Settings" button is not responding.|
|VCC-60151||An issue is noted with Supervisor settings in 8x8 Configuration Manager after enabling "Display contact in Company Directory".|
|VCC-60355||8x8 Agent Workspace: The agent status shown is incorrect.|
|VCC-60832||Special characters or symbols are displayed incorrectly in outbound emails.|
|VCC-61289||Deletion of an agent group is not updating the Supervisor monitoring tab correctly.|
|VCC-61308||8x8 Contact Center Queue loops are being missed.|
|VCC-61309||Knowledge Base templates are not correctly formatted in FAQs when using 8x8 Agent Workspace.|
|VCC-61482||Unable to close a document and go back to the case after opening it via a link.|
|VCC-61484||Browser notifications are not populating after an interaction is rejected.|
|VCC-61640||Unable to assign admin role to an existing user.|
|VCC-61666||Call State is intermittently missing from SAPI events.|
|VCC-61689||Random characters are being added in an outbound email body.|
|VCC-61700||8x8 Agent Workspace: An issue with disabling agent to agent chat is noted.|
|VCC-61722||Loss of audio for caller when one agent leaves a conference call using a persistent connection.|
|VCC-61769||Unable to log in to a newly created tenant.|
|VCC-61801||Intermittent lack of audio after a warm transfer from an 8x8 Work extension to an agent.|
|VCC-61807||Ported numbers are not available in 8x8 Configuration Manager.|
|VCC-61856||Not all the records matching a filter are being added to a campaign.|
|VCC-61858||8x8 Agent Workspace: No queues are shown in My Assigned Queues.|
|VCC-61959||In 8x8 Contact Center chat, the option to allow customers to send attachments to an agent is not working, displays a "not available" message.|
|VCC-61984||Agent is not getting a notification when the customer disconnects or closes a chat window.|
|VCC-62003||When the 8x8 Contact Center chat window is zoomed in on iOS, the keyboard covers the chat button.|
|VCC-62049||Configuration Manager is slow to respond.|
|VCC-62051||Unable to save or edit outbound phone codes when checking Forward Client Transfer.|
|VCC-62057||Incoming calls have limited ring time and cannot be answered.|
|VCC-62107||8x8 Contact Center number is temporarily unavailable.|
|VCC-62451||After confirming the selection via Virtual Agent the call does not route to the selected department.|
|VCC-63204||Agent presence is taking too long to reflect in the 8x8 Agent Workspace directory.|
We have introduced the following feature enhancements in July:
- Searching for CRM Records: When an interaction is offered, the agent will see that the system is searching for the CRM records.
- CRM Matching: Scenarios with multiple matches, a single match, or no match will all be handled and shown in Agent Workspace.
- CRM Search & Linking: Within each interaction, the ability to search for other CRM records, and link that interaction to the required record is now available
- Dispositions: this update offers users the ability to add dispositions for both 8x8 Contact Center and Salesforce all within Agent Workspace
- Reminders: Follow up tasks and reminders can be scheduled for both 8x8 Contact Center and Salesforce if required
- Notes: Multiple notes fields can be configured in Salesforce CRM and are made accessible in the notes tab
This release includes new features designed to enhance post call survey analysis, allow for more thorough interaction evaluation, and add to your data security.
These new features include:
- Post Call Survey classification - Allows for topic matching on post-call survey content. This enables users to better understand their customers' topics of interest and their feelings about the overall interaction.
- Interaction transfers handling (CC) - Users have the option to see all call legs of a transferred interaction as separate interactions. All interactions of the call are interlinked, which allows users to listen to each part of the call, see the transcript, and evaluate them separately.
- Multiple consistency goal thresholds - Users have the option to create multiple consistency goal thresholds in order to better track how agents are performing certain tasks over time. This allows you to review agents’ performance for quality assurance and make suggestions for coaching based on performance, e.g. low performers vs. top performers.
- QM for WhatsApp - Users can now view and evaluate WhatsApp interactions.
- Multi CC support in QM/SA & Recordings (RBAC) - Role-based Access Control (RBAC) allows you to assign admin access to specific tenants so admins cannot see information on other tenants. Scoping by tenant allows users to restrict admin access to data as desired.
For details, refer to the 8x8 Quality Management and Speech Analytics release notes.
We have introduced the following feature enhancements in June:
The Agent Workspace Control Panel, My Profile, and Knowledge Base user interfaces are fully navigational using just the keyboard, in compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) standards.
A new update for the Agent Workspace that makes it possible to resize the Control Panel area. A handle will be available, allowing the user to click and drag to increase or decrease the width size.
We are also adding the ability to expand or collapse the sidebar to make it easier to see who you are speaking with in each interaction.
- The Contact Directory now combines users with 8x8 Contact Center and 8x8 Work licenses into a single contact, shows their time in state, and filters within the list.
- 8x8 Contact Center users are denoted with a headset icon within the Contact Directory. In contrast, Work users have a person icon, making it easier to quickly identify which user you are looking for or communicating.
- You will also be able to apply a persistent filter, filtering by presence, by group, and exclude non-CC users.
Customers and agents alike will now have the ability to send attachments when communicating via webchat. Attachments include the following:
An agent is also able to receive inbound messages from a customer.
In this instance here, the customer is able to add an attachment for a PDF which is then delivered to the agent to download.