An email channel in 8x8 Contact Center defines an email address that your customers use to send email requests to the contact center, such as [email protected]
When you configure an email channel, you specify the POP3 or IMAP email server from which 8x8 Contact Center retrieves email messages.
- Facilitate communication of email interactions in and out of a 8x8 Contact Center tenant.
- Interact directly with the appropriate queues via skill-based routing rules.
- Configure existing email addresses to function as 8x8 Contact Center channels.
- Create, edit, and delete email channels.
- Email channel's script specifies which 8x8 Contact Center queues receive the retrieved messages
Use dedicated contact center email channels
The email accounts used in conjunction with your 8x8 Contact Center must be used only for that purpose. Do not log in or access your contact center's email channel from outside of 8x8 Contact Center.
The email channel's email script specifies which 8x8 Contact Center queues receive those retrieved messages.
Setting up an email channel involves:
- Configuring email channel properties
- Creating an email script
- Assigning a script to the email channel