Configuration Manager Overview
Configuration Manager is your platform to set up your 8x8 Contact Center tenant. Administrators can use a graphical user interface (GUI) to manage all components in a tenant. Configuration Manager is easy to use and requires no special software or hardware to run. It is 100% cloud-based and accessible from anywhere and anytime as long as you have a computer and Internet access. Using Configuration Manager, administrators can set up agents and supervisors, create roles and assign tasks, create campaigns, broadcast messages, create wallboards, and much more.
Use Configuration Manager to:
- Create and configure your contact center's communication channels, interaction queues, agent groups, agent accounts, and the optional Status Code and Transaction Codes features.
- Customize the tools and features available to your agents.
- Define security policies for the tenant.
- Customize the Local CRM to match your customer resource management requirements.
- Provide Internet access to your contact center's channels with a 8x8 Contact Center Support Center.
- Create and run campaigns based on phone media.
- Integrate your 8x8 Contact Center with an External CRM, such as NetSuite or Salesforce.
- Send broadcast messages to your 8x8 Contact Center groups.
- Define status codes to indicate the reasons for agents' change of status.
- Define transaction codes to indicate the purpose or outcome of interactions.
Each administrator requires a computer equipped with one of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome (Build 50 or newer)
- Mozilla Firefox (Build 39 or newer)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or newer
- Microsoft Edge
Known Issue: If you use Internet Explorer to run 8x8 Contact Center applications, you may encounter high memory usage. To resolve this issue, clear cookies and cache, activate the setting to clear history, clear history on exit, and reboot.
Note: 8x8 Contact Center is partially compatible with Safari, offering support for the Agent Console Control Panel functionality.
Note: Firefox requires the QuickTime plug-in for audio features.
For more information about the administrator workstation technical requirements, refer to our Technical Requirements.