8x8 Contact Center supports processing voicemails similar to phone calls. Voicemails left for 8x8 Contact Center are directed to a voicemail queue. In turn, the queue offers voicemails to agents based on their skill set and availability.
Configuring a Voicemail queue in 8x8 Configuration Manager involves:
- Defining voicemail queue properties
- Assigning voicemail queue members
- Configuring voicemail delivery message
- Setting up voicemail queue message priority
- Defining voicemail queue SLA
- Configuring voicemail notification
Beginning September 2022, 8x8 Contact Center will be cleaning up voicemails and emails older than six months from queues.
- Once emails are deleted from queues, they will not be offered to agents. They can be accessed via the Local CRM.
- Once voicemails are deleted from queues, they will not be offered to agents. Deleted voicemails cannot be accessed unless voicemail notifications via email have been set up. Learn how to set up voicemail notifications.