By default, 8x8 Contact Center voicemails are sent to the queues and offered to the next available agent. 8x8 Contact Center administrators can configure voicemail to be sent as WAV file attachments directly to an email address. With this setup, agents do not have to retrieve voicemails from a queue. Or, you can configure voicemail in 8x8 Configuration Manager to be automatically removed from a queue. An email notification for a voicemail is generated as a result of:
- Voicemail Queue Notification: When a caller leaves a voicemail via a voicemail queue, an email notification is sent to the email address configured for the voicemail queue.
- IVR Settings for Voicemail: A voicemail being sent to an agent from the voicemail queue. The agent requests an email to be sent to the agent.
- Transferring to Agent Voicemail: A voicemail being sent to an agent after the caller calls and leaves a voicemail in the agent’s voice box.
The voicemail email notification provides the transaction ID, allowing you to track the queued voicemails better. Additionally, you can retrieve the following information from a voicemail notification sent by email:
- Tenant name
- Cluster ID
- Phone queue ID
- Voicemail queue ID
- Calling name
- Interaction GUID of the inbound phone queue
- Transaction ID of the inbound phone interaction
- Voicemail begin offset
- Agent name
- Voicemail retrieval delay
To configure voicemail notification:
- From the Configuration Menu, open Queues/Skills.
- Find the voicemail queue you wish to modify, and click .
- Go to the Notification tab.
- Select Enabled to enable the notification.
Specify the Email Address(es) to which voicemail attachments must be sent.
The following table summarizes the options under Queues/Skills > Voicemail > Notification:
Notification Tab Option Description Enabled To enable voicemail notification sent by email regardless of the agent status. Email Addresses To send voicemail in an email attachment to the specified email addresses. Delete from Queue If enabled, it automatically removes the voicemail from the queue after sending an email attachment.
If disabled, it sends a voicemail to the specified email address and forwards it to the voicemail queue. When the agent logs in to 8x8 Agent Console, the voicemail is presented in the queue.
- Check Delete from queue to delete the voicemail from the voicemail queue after sending the email attachments.
- Click Save.
With this step, the configuration of a voicemail queue is complete.