Install the 8x8 Work for Outlook plug-in
You can install the 8x8 Work for Outlook plug-in from the 8x8 website, and log in to get started.
Important: In order for 8x8 Microsoft Integration to function, ensure that you are using the appropriate plug-ins:
-Download version 6.1.2 of the plug-in for calling with Skype for Business.
-Download version 6.0 of the plug-ins for meetings with Outlook and calling with Outlook.
To install the plug-in:
- Download the 8x8 Work for Outlook plug-in.
- Once the download completes, open the downloaded file.
- If needed, accept the prompt to install the downloaded application.
- Complete the installation wizard that opens.
- Once installation completes, you may need to restart Microsoft Outlook and Skype for Business.
- When you reopen Outlook or Skype for Business, you have access to the plug-in.
Depending on which version of integration with Outlook you are using, you may need to log in to some components manually:
- As a user of version 6.0 of the 8x8 Work for Outlook plug-in: You must go to your Outlook Mail or Calendar , open the 8x8 menu in the header, and select Log In. In the login window that pops up:
- If your user profile is set up to use 8x8 Work credentials, enter your credentials in the window to log in and access 8x8 Meet features.
If your user profile is set up to use Single Sign-On to log in with your existing company credentials:
Important: Version 6.0.0 of the plug-in contains an issue that can prevent Single Sign-On from working properly; in order to log in as a user enabled for Single Sign-On,
update to version 6.0.1.
- Click Use Single Sign On to go to the Single Sign-On screen.
- Enter your 8x8 username or company email, and click Continue.
- Select your Single Sign-On identity provider to open that provider's login screen.
- In your identity provider's login screen, enter your Single Sign-On credentials, and confirm to log in and access 8x8 Meet features.
- As a user of version 6.0 of the Outlook Click to Call plug-in: Upon opening Outlook, if you are also logged in to 8x8 Work for Desktop, you automatically have access to 8x8 calling with Outlook.
View additional information
For information on the integration, please refer to: