Overview: integrate with Outlook
8x8 Microsoft Integration allows you to place outbound calls, receive incoming calls, and schedule 8x8 meetings using your Microsoft Outlook app on desktop. Just click to place calls right from an email or your Outlook contacts list.
You can schedule 8x8 meetings in Outlook using 8x8 Work for Outlook; this allows you to check the schedule of your meeting invitees in Outlook and book a convenient time for all.
You can easily place an 8x8 call from Outlook; just right-click a contact from their email address or your Outlook contacts list, and select Call with 8x8 from the drop-down menu.
Important: In order for 8x8 Microsoft Integration to function, ensure that you are using the appropriate plug-ins:
-Download version 6.1.2 of the plug-in for calling with Skype for Business.
-Download version 6.0 of the plug-ins for meetings with Outlook and calling with Outlook.
- Access contacts' calendar events in Outlook.
- Access non-contact Outlook users and your global contact directory (including company contacts outside of your phone system).
- For additional capabilities of 8x8 Meet, click here.
- 8x8 Work for Desktop does not sync both ways with Outlook. For example, if you organize an 8x8 meeting in Outlook, it syncs with 8x8 Work for Desktop, but you are not allowed to modify that same meeting on 8x8 Work for Desktop; the Outlook calendar will not be in sync.
8x8 Work integration with Outlook requires:
- Windows 7 or newer
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Outlook 2007 or newer
- 8x8 Meet
- 8x8 Work for Desktop
- Login access to an 8x8 Work extension
View additional information
For information on the integration, please refer to: