About 8x8 Work for Mobile
With 8x8 Work for Mobile (formerly known as the Virtual Office mobile app), stay connected with all your colleagues and business contacts, and collaborate more efficiently than ever. Place and manage calls flexibly, chat with contacts, schedule and conduct productive meetings within your company or with external participants, and much more.
8x8 Work for Mobile is available on:
- iOS mobile devices
- Android mobile devices
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Call management: Place, receive, and manage calls from your device, and review your past call history.
- Data usage control: Control your cellular data usage for 8x8 Work calls by switching to Wi-Fi.
- Improved call quality via
Cellular Assist: If you are in an area with poor signal strength, use the Cellular Assist featureto improve call quality.
- Call forwarding: Forward your calls to different extensions within and outside of your system, or to voicemail. This enables you to have complete control over where your calls are going.
- Meetings: Collaborate more effectively with your colleagues with powerful audio and video conferencing capabilities, all from the convenience of your device.
- Contacts: Access your contacts easily for communication, view contact info at a glance, create personal contacts, and mark contacts as favorites for quick access.
- Receive faxes: Access and manage faxes received via 8x8 Work.
- Presence status: Leverage automatic and manual presence capabilities to let coworkers know your availability, and keep your contacts posted on your availability via custom status messages.
This version of 8x8 Work for Mobile supports the following languages:
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Spanish (Latin America and the Caribbean)
- Spanish (Spain)
- Known issues:
- The Audio Testing Service is not currently available.
- When in a meeting, you cannot invite participants via email.
- Samsung S5 devices do not support push notifications.
- No contact name displays on calls that are forwarded to you.
- In rare cases, calls may drop while merging two calls into a conference.
- In rare cases, tab navigation may not work after you dismiss a banner about forwarding calls to voicemail.
- In rare cases, you may not see your profile picture after logging in.
- In rare cases, deleting a personal contact while in Android split view may cause the app to crash.
- Faxes can be received and managed, but not sent.
- While images can be received and sent from 8x8 Work on desktop or mobile, non-image attachments in chats can be received and opened via 8x8 Work for Mobile, but can only be sent from 8x8 Work for Desktop.
- SMS chat is available only for phone numbers in the United States and Canada.
- The application does not allow you to add video to calls.