Try the following troubleshooting procedures to resolve the most common integration issues:
If your Virtual Office extension is using softphone, you must log in to one of the following soft clients:
- 8x8 Work for Desktop
- 8x8 Work for Mobile
For Unknown or multi-match calls, automatic screen pop does not occur. For unknown calls, a new case creation pops up by default. For multi-match calls, the first record is selected by default. Use the Assign page to open the appropriate record.
Before you begin using the 8x8 Virtual Office integration app, we recommend defining the browser settings in Chrome to allow pop-ups and whitelist the 8x8 cloud domain URL.
- Go to Chrome browser settings.
- Search for pop-up settings and select the Pop-up and redirects setting.
- Click Add and enter <https://cloud8.8x8.com> to the list of allowed sites. Chrome automatically saves these settings.
In Salesforce, a case page layout which controls the case view, disables the left sidebar by default. This in turn impacts the Virtual Office app. To fix the issue, you must edit the case page layout as follows.
- Go to Set up.
- Navigate to Customize > Cases > Page Layouts.
- From the list, select to edit a desired page layout.
- Switch to Feed View by clicking on the link at the top of the window.
- Scroll down to Other Tools and Components section and clear the setting for Hide Sidebar.
- Save changes to the page layout.
This should resolve the issue with the app.
- To validate, go back to case view. The 8x8 Virtual Office app now shows up on the left side bar.