Enable the integration for Salesforce Sales Engagement
8x8 Contact Center for Salesforce now supports Sales Engagement. Salesforce Sales Engagement, previously known as High Velocity Sales, is a license-based feature designed to support productivity for contact center agents that process a high amount of outbound calls.
Note: You must purchase a Sales Engagement license prior to enabling this feature in your integration system.
To enable Sales Engagement in your Salesforce integration with 8x8 Contact Center:
- As an admin, log in to your Salesforce account.
- Select the Home tab.
- In the left navigation menu, search for Call Centers or go to Feature Settings > Service > Call Center > Call Centers.
- The page displays the available call center packages installed.
- Click Edit next to the name of the call center for which you want to enable this feature.
- In the Call Center Detail section for the call center, click Edit.
In the General Information section, go to the CTI Adapter URL field, and add the parameter hvsEnabled=true at the end of the URL.
Note: It is recommended to copy the CTI Adapter URL and edit it separately, in a notepad, to have a better view of the overall format of the URL.
Example of CTI Adapter URL with HVS enabled for 8x8 Contact Center:
- Click Save.
Once enabled, agents can access Sales Engagement from their integrations account.
To use Sales Engagement, agents must log into their account, click , and select the HVS app from the apps list.
Call dispositions in Sales Engagement
By default, the call disposition codes in Sales Engagement are:
- Call Back Later
- Left Voicemail
- Meaningful Connect
- Not Interested
The disposition codes can be updated by the admin to match the disposition codes used in your 8x8 Contact Center. For more information regarding creating and editing transaction codes, click here.