To receive or place calls using Virtual Contact Center for Freshdesk, you must:
- Be a member of the call queue to which the call is routed.
- Set your status to Available.
Note: At this time:
-Freshdesk only supports exact phone number matches. However, when a number is stored in Freshdesk with a leading "0" or "+," the search fails.
-If you enter a phone number that is the same for a mobile and work phone for the same customer, Freshdesk displays duplicate records of the same contact.
-Freshdesk does not support search by name.
During an inbound or outbound call, Virtual Contact Center for Freshdesk looks up the phone number of the caller and then searches for a matching record in Freshdesk. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is referred to as screen pop.
The search may return:
- A single match: The number is associated with a single Freshdesk contact. The matching record is presented in a new browser tab and under the Search tab.
- Multiple matches: The number is associated with multiple Freshdesk contacts. In the event of multiple matching contacts, the app lists all matches in the Search tab of the integration. By default, the call log is linked to the first record in the list. Assign the call to the appropriate user, and click next to the record to view the details.
- No match: In the absence of matching records, there is no screen pop. A call log is created in Freshdesk. While the call is active, you can create a new user record for the unknown user, search for the newly-created user in the Search tab, and assign the call to the appropriate user.
If Virtual Contact Center for Freshdesk is open and you are in the Available state, the Phone tab blinks red, indicating an inbound interaction. When you receive a call, the system looks up a matching record and pops it up for your preview. For details, see our content on screen pop. Click the Phone tab to answer the incoming call.
When a call is offered, the Phone tab blinks red. If the caller is an existing customer, the end-user record opens in a browser tab as soon as the call is offered, allowing you to preview the customer details and prepare to greet accordingly.
To handle an incoming call:
- Click the Phone tab to answer the call. If there is a match, a red dot appears next to the Search tab in the integration.
- Click the Search tab. The matching record is selected by default.
- Click End Call.
If applicable, the post-processing time initiates. This is your time to add more notes for the call.
Note: Your administrator sets the post-processing timer. If the post-processing countdown interval reaches zero, Virtual Contact Center for Freshdesk automatically sets your status to Available.
- Click End Post Processing, or wait for the call to terminate. At the termination of the call, a call log is automatically generated and pops in a new browser tab. For details, see our content on log calls.
- Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing tasks or add notes.
The Virtual Contact Center for Freshdesk allows you to make outbound phone calls to:
You can place calls through:
- Control Panel: Enter the number in the Phone tab and click Dial.
- Click-to-Dial: Click and dial the phone numbers from end-user records.
- Search tab: Look up names and numbers and dial out from the search results.
Note: All outbound calls are two-legged calls. When you dial out, the call is first dialed out to your agent phone. Once you accept the call, the call then dials out to the other party.
To place a call:
- Enter a customer phone number in the Phone tab in the integration, and click Dial. Your agent telephone rings first.
- Answer the call. The call is then directed to the destination. The phone number rings next.
- If the phone number is linked to a contact, the contact record pops after the call connects.
- Once you end the call, a call log is offered. Contact your supervisor for your contact center's policies to place outbound calls.
- Dial/Talking: Enter a destination phone number in the number field, and click Dial to initiate an outbound call. The Talking button appears during an active call.
- Mute: Mute yourself during an active call.
- Hold: Place an active call on hold.
- End Call: End an active call after selecting mandatory transaction codes, if any.
Record / : Start or stop recording an active call (availability is subject to privileges). After the call is recorded, the recording is accessible via a URL in the call log. To access the recording, you need an API token from your tenant administrator.
Note: Before recording a call, please review applicable call recording laws in your vicinity or region.
- Transfer Lines: Transfer calls from one phone line to another.
- Join Lines: Join calls on two telephone lines to set up a three-way conference.
Upon terminating a call, Virtual Contact Center for Freshdesk generates a call log. The call log includes information such as the call’s transaction ID, the time the call was answered, and the duration of the call. A call log is created for inbound and outbound interactions and automatically saved as a ticket in Freshdesk.
The call log also includes a link to the recorded call. To access the recorded call, you need the API token from your supervisor. You can set the type and priority, and change the status of the activity to Resolved or any other state in Freshdesk.
Depending on the number of matches, call log can be linked to the end-user record as follows:
- Single match: If there is a matching record, the call log is created and associated as a ticket to the record.
- Multiple matches: In the event of multiple matching contacts, there is no screen pop. The call log is created and associated as a ticket to the first record in the list.
- No match: In the absence of a matching record, a message indicates the lack of a matching record. The call is logged as a ticket.