Virtual Office Mobile App 6.4 for iOS - What's New?
Important: Virtual Office Mobile 7.0 is here. We have introduced a brand new user experience and more. To download the Virtual Office Mobile app 7.0, go to your app store. To learn more, click here.
In release 6.4, we have introduced the following enhancements:
IPv6 network improvements: Smooth calling experience for T-Mobile users on IPv6.
Support for CallKit for iOS10: iOS 10 users can now handle simultaneous Virtual Office and cellular calls with ease.
- With CallKit integration for iOS 10, your 8x8 calls or meetings are no longer interrupted by cellular calls. You have the option to:
- Continue with your 8x8 call, and dismiss the cellular call.
- Place the 8x8 call on hold, answer the cellular call, and switch back to your 8x8 call.
- You can answer your 8x8 call as you would a cellular call, resulting in fewer missed calls.
- No more looking for notifications to answer calls.
- Better Bluetooth connectivity: Answer a call using your Bluetooth headset or car audio.
- Call using 8x8 from the device call history or contacts app.
For details on the call behavior, refer to the FAQ article on how to handle simultaneous cellular and Virtual Office calls.
Note: 8x8 CallKit integration is applicable to iOS 10 users only.
Ability to join meeting audio on a cellular call: Users can automatically dial in to meeting audio using a cellular voice call.
- One click dial-in to a meeting through a cellular call
- Removes the necessity to punch in meeting IDs and long numbers
- Ability of users to be called back on their cell phone to join the meeting
For a list of the bugs fixed in this release, refer to our iOS release notes.
Previous Release Features
- Improved battery performance
- Improved audio quality
- Fewer missed calls
- Compatible with iOS 10
- German language localization is available based on device settings.
- Improved audio quality during poor network connections.
- Improved performance in the call log, voicemail, fax, and IM/SMS screens.
- Changed behavior in Conférences Virtual Office: Content sharing is available from the L'application de bureau Virtual Office, but can be viewed from the L'application mobile Virtual Office.
- Improved call connectivity when transitioning between Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
- Ability to share debug logs via email and messaging. From the menu, go to Help > Log File for logs. You can share this log for debugging.
Click here to learn more.
- Updated voicemail offers a new experience and improved playback.
- Ability to share faxes and voicemails via email, messaging, and other applications.
- A call from another extension user on the PBX shows the extension number instead of the DID.
This helps identify internal and external calls easily.
- Offers a new user terms and conditions.
- Automatically plays voicemail when selected from the list.
- Prevents entering emojis in IM and SMS messages.
- New simplified navigation design.
- Improved display on iPhone 6 and 6+.
- Call quality reporting: Ability to track quality of calls handled by the L'application mobile Virtual Office using 8x8 Virtual Office Analytics.
- HD voice (Pending PBX support): The high definition voice offers premium call quality.
- Encrypted Calling: With support for encrypted calling, you can now enjoy better call quality without compromising on security.
Contact 8x8 to purchase this premium feature.
In previous releases, the L'application mobile Virtual Office introduced the following features:
Ouvrir la rubrique avec les liens de navigation