Transfer emails to a different queue from the Control Panel (New email experience)
In 8x8 Contact Center, after accepting an email, you may want to transfer it back to the same queue or another queue to be handled by better skilled agents or to tend to historical handling. You can transfer an email interaction to a different queue after you accept the email and during the wrap up time.
Note: If you are a user of Unified Login and 8x8 Work, you can connect with an expert in your company for advice via chat. For details on how to connect with your company's experts via chat, see our content on connect with your company's experts using 8x8 Expert Connect.
To transfer a new email interaction to a different queue:
- Click the Change status icon and change your status to Available.
- When an email is offered, the email notification pops at the top of the Control Panel. A case tab pops in the Display Panel
- Click to accept the email.
- Click the arrow next to the Reply option and select Transfer .
If you already started replying to the customer, select the Transfer icon from the bottom of the Control Panel.
- Select the queue to which you want to transfer the email.
- Click Transfer.
- When prompted to confirm the email transfer, click Continue.
- The email processing ends on your end and is presented to another agent available in the transferred queue.
- Click Wrap up.
Your status changes to Available.
Note: If enabled by your administrator, the system prevents you from transferring an interaction to an unattended queue. If no agents are logged in to the queue you wish to transfer the interaction, an exclamation symbol displays next to the queue name and the Transfer button is disabled.