Process email interactions from the Control Panel (New email experience)
Note: The full functionality of the new email experience will be rolled out during the week of February 13th. Please be aware that we are currently addressing an issue with this feature.
If your Contact Center admin has enabled the new email experience, when an email is offered, you can accept, reply to emails, and view the thread in the Control Panel. The new email experience aims to improve how emails are handled in 8x8 Contact Center by allowing agents to:
- View the sender’s email address in the same panel.
- Handle emails and view the thread in same panel.
- See attachments easily and the email they are associated with.
- Have their productivity reported in Analytics.
Accept email interactions
8x8 Contact Center directs emails to agents via an email queue. The agent must be in the Available state to receive the incoming emails. When an incoming email is offered to an agent, a notification appears indicating an incoming request. The agent can accept, or if permitted by administrators, reject the request. On accepting, the agent's status changes to Busy. On rejecting the email, the agent's status changes to Working Offline.
To receive emails, an agent must be:
- In the Available status.
- Assigned to an enabled email queue.
Note: You can view or edit your queue assignments under My assigned queues. For details, refer to view your assigned queues.
If an email queue has pending emails, you can:
- Pulling emails is a privilege given by the administrator in Configuration Manager.
- You cannot receive emails (including attachments) larger than 30 MB via email channels.
- Log in to 8x8 Agent WorkspaceThe brand new interface for 8x8 Contact Center agents to receive and process customer interactions..
- Click Ready to work to start the session.
- Click My assigned queues and make sure you are part of the email queue. To learn more, refer to View your assigned queues.
- Click the Change status icon and change your status to Available.
If you have an incoming email, the email notification in the Control Panel indicates the incoming email interaction.
- Preview the customer or case data, and click to accept the email. Accept the interaction before the acceptance timer ticking down around the accept call icon expires.
- Your status changes to Busy. A case tab pops in the Display Panel.
- Click Reply from the Control Panel.
- Type the response in the Control Panel.
- Click next to the contact’s name.
- Select a From address for your reply.
- Click to send the email.
The post-processing time initiates if your administrator has set it up for your tenant. Post-processing gives you time to wrap up notes for the chat. While in post-processing, you can view the chat transcript by clicking Email transcript from the top of the Info section on the Control Panel.
- Click Wrap up.
- The case is updated with the reply email and the app sets your status to Available. Click Work Offline if you need more time to complete any post-processing task.
Note: To preview the original email, click the Show trimmed content icon in the message panel.
Note: If post-processing times out your status will change to Available.
Note: You can only pull emails if your administrator grants you permission.
In 8x8 Contact Center, pulling emails from a queue gives you the flexibility to quickly look at the sender or the subject of the email and then accept the email that requires the most immediate attention. When selecting Pull email from your assigned queues, a list of pending queued emails opens in the Display Panel.
To pull emails from a queue:
- In 8x8 AgentAgents use the Agent Console to view and manage customer interactions. Virtual Contact Center supports Regular agents and Supervisor agents. Workspace, click the Change status icon and change your status to Work Offline.
- If your status is Available, 8x8 Agent Workspace may offer you a new interaction before you can complete pulling email interactions from an email queue.
- Go to My assigned queue in the Control Panel.
- Click Pull email or click the number of emails listed under the desired queue to view only the emails in that specific queue.
8x8 Agent Workspace pulls all the emails from the queue and presents the Pending Emails in the Display Panel. Change the order of emails by clicking the column heading. You can sort by wait time, case/follow-up number, channel, contact, company, or subject.
- To open an email, click on the email’s subject.
- The email is offered to you instantly in the Control Panel. A case tab pops in the Display Panel.
- Click Reply from the Control Panel to respond to the customer.
The workflow is the same as for accepting an email.
Note: If your 8x8 Contact Center administrator has given you permission to delete emails, you can identify unwanted emails from the list of pending emails, select, and delete them. For more information, see Delete emails from a queue.