Set up Call Recording
If configured by the phone system administrator, 8x8 8x8 Work users can record their own incoming and outgoing calls, play them back, download, or delete them. Phone system administrators can configure call recording settings per user by going to User > Call recording settings.
- Users can record their calls selectively, or all calls can be recorded automatically for the user.
- Administrators can prevent users from recording their calls.
- Announce the call recording to the involved parties: user, caller, or both.
- Administrators can record calls without announcing it to either party.
Set up call recording for a user to define if recording calls is enabled for this user and how will the parties be notified when a recording is in progress. If it is configured by the administrator, users can record calls on their 8x8 Work for Desktop or 8x8 Work for Mobile.
To set up call recording:
- Go to Home > Users.
- While creating or editing an existing user profile, scroll down to see Call recording settings.
- For Call recording mode, you can determine the user's recording permissions. Users can record their calls selectively, or all calls can be recorded automatically for the user. Administrators can prevent users from recording their calls.
Select one of the followings:
- Allow user to record calls selectively
- Record all calls for this user
- Never record calls for this user
For Recording announcement, determine who should know that the call is being recorded. The call recording announcement informs the involved parties that their call is being recorded. It can be announced to the user, the caller, or both. As an administrator, you can record calls without announcing it to either party.
Select one of the following options to announce to involved parties that the call is being recorded:
- Remote party
- Both parties
- Click to save the changes in user profile.
See Manage Call Recording to learn how to access the user's call recordings, download, and delete.