Deploy 8x8 Microsoft Integration for enterprise as an administrator
As an administrator in a large enterprise, you can deploy 8x8 Microsoft Integration throughout your company remotely by using a deployment tool.
Important: In order for 8x8 Microsoft Integration to function, ensure that you are using the appropriate plug-ins:
-Download version 6.1.2 of the plug-in for calling with Skype for Business.
-Download version 6.0 of the plug-ins for meetings with Outlook and calling with Outlook.
To deploy the plug-in remotely:
- Download the appropriate installation file as an admin:
- As an Active Directory Domain (ADD) administrator, you can install remotely using specialized deployment tools for pushing installations on all/certain ADD units. You do not need to enter custom parameters, as each plug-in is separate from the others; to control which features are made available to users, simply choose which plug-ins to install.
- If you are installing via command line, you must:
- Reference the location of the file.
- Decide whether you want users to see the progress of the installation; after the file name, enter </qb> to display or </qn> to hide.
Depending on which version of integration with Outlook you have deployed, your users may need to log in to some components manually:
- As a user of version 6.0 of the 8x8 Work for Outlook plug-in: You must go to your Outlook Mail or Calendar , open the 8x8 menu in the header, and select Log In. In the login window that pops up:
- If your user profile is set up to use 8x8 Work credentials, enter your credentials in the window to log in and access 8x8 Meet features.
If your user profile is set up to use Single Sign-On to log in with your existing company credentials:
Important: Version 6.0.0 of the plug-in contains an issue that can prevent Single Sign-On from working properly; in order to log in as a user enabled for Single Sign-On,
update to version 6.0.1.
- Click Use Single Sign On to go to the Single Sign-On screen.
- Enter your 8x8 username or company email, and click Continue.
- Select your Single Sign-On identity provider to open that provider's login screen.
- In your identity provider's login screen, enter your Single Sign-On credentials, and confirm to log in and access 8x8 Meet features.
- As a user of version 6.0 of the Outlook Click to Call plug-in: Upon opening Outlook, if you are also logged in to 8x8 Work for Desktop, you automatically have access to 8x8 calling with Outlook.