Install Outlook integration as a user
8x8 Microsoft Integration enables you to install the best version of Outlook integration for your version of 8x8 Work for Desktop.
Important: In order for 8x8 Microsoft Integration to function, ensure that you are using the appropriate plug-ins:
-Download version 6.1.2 of the plug-in for calling with Skype for Business.
-Download version 6.0 of the plug-ins for meetings with Outlook and calling with Outlook.
To prepare for installation:
- Close Outlook and Skype for Business on your computer.
- Make sure that you have installed 8x8 Work for Desktop. If you do not have it, download the application for Windows or for Mac.
- If you are a new user, you are ready to install the integration. If you are using an older version of the integration, you must also uninstall your existing version of the plug-in before installing the latest version.
Install the downloaded file.
Note: If you do not have administrator rights on your computer, consult your administrator for assistance.
- Once you have selected the components according to what you require or have installed, continue through the installer. You may need to restart Outlook and/or Skype for Business to complete the installation.
Depending on which version of integration with Outlook you are using, you may need to log in to some components manually:
- As a user of version 6.0 of the 8x8 Work for Outlook plug-in: You must go to your Outlook Mail or Calendar , open the 8x8 menu in the header, and select Log In. In the login window that pops up:
- If your user profile is set up to use 8x8 Work credentials, enter your credentials in the window to log in and access 8x8 Meet features.
If your user profile is set up to use Single Sign-On to log in with your existing company credentials:
Important: Version 6.0.0 of the plug-in contains an issue that can prevent Single Sign-On from working properly; in order to log in as a user enabled for Single Sign-On,
update to version 6.0.1.
- Click Use Single Sign On to go to the Single Sign-On screen.
- Enter your 8x8 username or company email, and click Continue.
- Select your Single Sign-On identity provider to open that provider's login screen.
- In your identity provider's login screen, enter your Single Sign-On credentials, and confirm to log in and access 8x8 Meet features.
- As a user of version 6.0 of the Outlook Click to Call plug-in: Upon opening Outlook, if you are also logged in to 8x8 Work for Desktop, you automatically have access to 8x8 calling with Outlook.