What's new in the 8x8 Contact Center integration for Microsoft Dynamics?
In this release, we are introducing an upgraded 8x8 Contact Center app for Microsoft Dynamics. 8x8 Contact Center app version 2.0 is a highly intuitive interface that streamlines customer interactions while delivering a simpler, more efficient, and more engaging way for agents to keep productivity high and customer experiences positive.
This clean new interface allows agents to:
- Process interactions and manage their routine tasks with ease.
- See the system searching the CRM for matching records from the moment the interaction is offered to an agent.
- View a screen pop for single match records (if configured by the admin).
- Match the interaction to the desired contact when multiple match records are found.
- Search the CRM and match the interaction to the desired contact.
- Add disposition codes before wrap up (if configured by the admin).
To learn more about 8x8 Contact Center app version 2.0 for Microsoft Dynamics, refer to Get started with Contact Center app version 2.0.
Previous releases of 8x8 Contact Center integration for Microsoft Dynamics
In previous releases, we introduced the following enhancements for the 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics:
- Support for Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service
- Support for email routing via the 8x8 Contact Center app
- Integration support for Microsoft Dynamics Unified Interface
In this release, we are introducing support for Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service. In addition to the support for the same functionalities available for Microsoft Dynamics Sales, the 8x8 Contact Center integration for Customer Service also supports searching for the Case object.
Enabling search for the Case object
8x8 Contact Center for Microsoft Dynamics Customer Service supports searching for the Case object. When the Case object is enabled in the 8x8 Contact Center app, upon receiving an interaction, the app searches the CRM for a matching case record. By default, the Case option is turned off. Agents can enable/disable CRM search for the Case object from the 8x8 Contact Center app.
To enable/disable the search for the Case object:
- Log in to your Microsoft Dynamics account.
- If required, select the Customer Service app.
- Click the icon located at the top left corner of your home screen. The 8x8 Contact Center app opens in a floating window.
- At the prompt, enter your credentials.
- Click the settings icon from the top right side of the 8x8 Contact Center app.
- Select Integrations > MS Dynamics.
- From the Search types section, select the check box for Case.
- Select the Agent tab and set your status to Ready to work or Work Offline.
Note: This step is only required when you first log in to your account, or after clearing your browser’s cache.
Note: Ensure that your browser allows pop-ups from 8x8.
When an interaction is offered, the system searches for an existing case record and displays it in the Search tab of the 8x8 Contact Center app.
Note: Email in external CRM for Microsoft Dynamics is only available on request. To have this feature enabled, contact 8x8 Support.
Note: Email routing is only supported via 8x8 Contact Center app version 2.0.
The 8x8 Contact Center integration for Microsoft Dynamics now supports email routing via the 8x8 Contact Center app. Once this feature is enabled in your integration by your administrator, you can accept and reply to emails directly from the 8x8 Contact Center app. When an email is offered, the 8x8 Contact Center app searches for the customer info in your Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and, if available in the system, screen pops the customer info in a new browser tab. For more information about handling emails, click here.
The updated 8x8 integration for Microsoft Dynamics supports the existing functionality in the Unified Interface. To use the 8x8 Contact Center app with the new Microsoft Dynamics Unified Interface, the admin must download the latest integration package for Microsoft Dynamics (version 0.3.6).
To confirm that you are using the Unified Interface:
- Look at the label listed on the apps:
- Open an app and look for “appid=” in the URL. Only the Unified Interface displays the app ID in the URL.