Functioning as a 8x8 Contact Center Agent
With 8x8 Work and 8x8 Contact Center Integration, 8x8 Contact Center agents have the following benefits:
Check the status of other extension users before contacting them. The Directory tab in 8x8 Agent Console lists all extension users with their status set in a 8x8 Work client application. Similarly, you can view the status of agents or other extension users from the 8x8 Work for Desktop or 8x8 Work for Mobile.
Note: The status shown in the Directory tab in 8x8 Agent Console is retrieved from 8x8 Work applications and not from 8x8 Agent Console.
Click to call another extension user using their extension numbers from the directory in 8x8 Agent Console. You need the active dial plan to be able to make the private PBX number calls. If your company is using a custom dial plan, you need to modify it by copying the rules from the 8x8 default dial plan to support extension-to-extension dialing.
The following call flows are available for extension-to-extension dialing:
- 8x8 Work user to another 8x8 Work user
- 8x8 Work user to a 8x8 Contact Center user
- 8x8 Contact Center user to a 8x8 Work user
- 8x8 Contact Center user to another 8x8 Contact Center user
You can also use instant messaging to chat.
Handle call center traffic via a dedicated desk phone. 8x8 Contact Center agents can now be assigned a dedicated desk phone. These dedicated extensions are meant exclusively to handle inbound and outbound call traffic for agents. You cannot receive, place, transfer, or make conference calls using the extension by itself. This helps in tracking and monitoring contact center traffic.
Note: 8x8 Contact Center dedicated extensions do not support calling emergency services.
Connect the customer with the right skilled agent using Call Parking. Call Parking allows agents to park a call to be retrieved by another agent or an extension user who may be currently busy. When the agent parks a live call on an available parking extension, the caller hears hold music. The agent can then inform the other agent or extension user about the parked call and the parking extension number via chat. The other user can retrieve the call by clicking on the parked extension.
Note: A call that is parked longer than five minutes is offered back to the same agent who parked the call.
To park a call:
- During a live call, go to the Directory tab in 8x8 Agent Console.
- Go to the CallPark Extensions tab.
- From the list of call parking extensions, select an available extension.
The status of call parking extension is indicated by green (available) or red (busy). You can only park one call per extension.
- Inform the other agent or extension user about the parked call via chat.
To retrieve a parked call:
- Go to the Directory > CallPark Extensions tab.
- Accept the call by clicking on P, or dial the parked extension number to retrieve the call.
- In a conference call, any agent involved can park a call without interrupting/impacting the live call.