8x8 Contact Center supports email media allowing agents to process email interactions in a timely manner similar to processing phone calls. Emails directed to a specified email address of your contact center enter an email queue. In turn, the queue offers these interactions to its members based on their skill set and availability. You can set up any email address to serve as your email channel.
Configuring an email queue in 8x8 Configuration Manager involves:
- Defining email queue properties
- Assigning email queue members
- Setting up email queue message priority
- Defining email queue SLA
Beginning September 2022, 8x8 Contact Center will be cleaning up voicemails and emails older than six months from queues.
- Once emails are deleted from queues, they will not be offered to agents. They can be accessed via the Local CRM.
- Once voicemails are deleted from queues, they will not be offered to agents. Deleted voicemails cannot be accessed unless voicemail notifications via email have been set up. Learn how to set up voicemail notifications.