In Virtual Contact Center, an agent group is a collection of agents who report to a supervisor. A single group may serve your entire call center or may be dedicated to one or more products, services, queues, or to a specific communication channel such as phone, email, or chat. Use groups to organize agents on the basis of function, skill set, or media they use.
As an administrator, you can see the groups, number of agents in each group, outbound phone codes assigned to each group, and if the agent's recording is enabled. Outbound Phone Codes offer a means to set a specific calling line identifier (caller ID) and to set an optional outbound queue for outbound calls from your tenant. Outbound Phone Codes may also be used to track the purpose of an outbound call. For details on the functionality and configuration of Outbound Phone Codes, refer to Outbound Phone Codes Overview.
As a member of an agents group, you can view the status and availability of fellow group members in the status tab of your Agent Console.
Go to the Agent Groups tab in Configuration Manager to:
To add an agent group you need to complete a two-step process: define group properties, and assign outbound phone codes.
To add a new agent group:
- From the Configuration Menu, open Agent Groups.
- Click to add an Agent Group.
- In the General tab enter a Group Name.
- Add a Comment and the Default Agent Display Name.
Note: Ungroup is a default agent group. It allows you to create agents quickly without requiring you to create a group beforehand.
While creating an agent, the system automatically assigns the agent to the default agent group. You can create a new group later and use it instead of the default group.
- Select Allow Agents to Change Display Name if you wish to allows agents to change their login name for Agent Console.
- Select Enable Agent's My Recording Functionality if you wish to allow agents access to My Recording feature from the Agent Console main menu. This option allows agents to record a voice message for the incoming calls.
- Select Allow Agents to Reject Interactions. This option is enabled by default allowing agents to reject interactions. If disabled, the Reject button in Agent Console is disabled preventing agents from rejecting the interactions they are offered. The Reject button in Agent Console appears when an interaction is offered to the agent. You can set up this ability for an agent group, or individual agents. If you disable this option at the tenant level, this feature will not show up for agent groups or individual agents.
- Configure the Phone Connection Mode. The Phone Connection Mode can be On Demand or Persistent. It only appears if it is provisioned for your tenant. With On Demand Connection, agents have to manually accept the call in their soft or hard phone. With Persistent Connection, a constant connection is open from the agent's phone to the system that stays active until the agent is logged out.
- Enable Auto Answer to allow auto answering to all agents within the group.
- Click Save.
The Outbound Phone Codes tab opens.
Select the Assign check box to assign an outbound phone code list from the existing ones. Note that you need to create an outbound code list before being able to assign it.
The following table summarizes the options found under Agent Groups > General and Agent Groups > Outbound Phone Codes:
- Click Save to successfully create a new agent group.
Deleting a group with assigned members requires you to reassign the members of the group to another group.
To delete a group:
- Select a group, and click .
You are prompted to confirm your action. If the group has members, a message indicates the inability to delete the group.
- Reassign the members to another group and then delete the group.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
For details on how to reassign an agent to a different group, refer to Reassign an Agent's Group Membership.
To reassign an agent to a different group:
- From the Configuration Menu, open Users.
A list of agents and their groups appears.
- Look for the group you are planning to delete, and click .
- In the General tab, go to Agent Group.
- Select a different group from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save to assign the agent to the new group.
- Continue the above search and reassignment for all the agents belonging to the group you are planning to delete.