Configure Local CRM
The 8x8 Contact Center's local Customer Relationship Manager or Local CRM, gives you the ability to manage customer and case data. Use the CRM page in 8x8 Configuration Manager to define the Customer and Case fields to identify and characterize interactions. For your contact center, you have the option to use Local CRM or a third-party CRM such as Salesforce or Zendesk that 8x8 Contact Center supports out of the box.
Note: You must select either the Local CRM or a third-party integration for customer relationship management. They cannot be used together.
- Manage customer and case data in your contact center using the Local CRM. It is perfect for organizations that do not already use a CRM.
- Deliver screen pops of critical customer information to make every agent interaction more efficient.
- Solve customer problems more quickly and increase customer satisfaction.
- Integrate and combine information from other software and sources in the same screen.
- Define custom fields in the CRM to suit the needs of your organization.
To configure Local CRM, click CRM in the Configuration Menu. In the Fields tab, the Predefined column identifies the default set of customer and case fields.
Configuring Local CRM involves:
- Understanding customers, cases, follow-ups, and tasks
- Understanding types of CRM Fields
- Configuring CRM fields
- Configuring case notification
- Configuring CRM properties
- Importing data into CRM