Configure CRM properties
8x8 Contact Center administrators configure the Properties tab in 8x8 Configuration Manager to specify CRM behavior in the following areas:
- To define time limit to reopen closed cases
- To assign reopened cases to agents
- To display case and follow-up records using HTML in 8x8 Agent Console
- To disable opening files attached to emails by clicking attachment
To configure CRM Properties:
- From the Configuration Menu, open CRM.
- Go to the Properties tab.
- Configure the desired setting, and click Apply.
The following table summarizes the options under CRM > Properties:
CRM Properties Option Description Closed case - automatic re-opening time-limit Select the time interval that a closed case automatically reopens within a specified time limit. Specify one of the three possible values:
- Never: Never opens a closed case automatically.
- Always: Always reopens a closed case in the event of a customer follow-up via email.
- Time limit: Specifies the maximum amount of time a case can be closed before it automatically reopens.
Note: When you change a parameter's value, it takes effect immediately.
Automatically assign re-opened cases to next agent handling the case If enabled, assigns reopened cases to the next receiving agent automatically. Reopened cases normally retain their previous agent assignment.
If disabled, assigns reopened cases to the agent who handled the case previously.
Display cases and follow-ups using HTML when available If enabled, supports HTML formatting during the following tasks:
- Creating and editing case records.
- Creating follow-up records.
- Creating notification emails.
Disable file open on clicking attachment If selected, the email attachment sent by the CRM customers cannot be opened from within 8x8 Agent Console. Agents can still save the attachment, but are prevented from opening the insecure attachments.