8x8 Contact Center outbound queue is used to channel agent-initiated outbound calls to the destination. These calls may be:
- Agent-dialed from the Control Panel: Must be configured via Outbound Phone Codes.
- Requests for web callback: API accepts Queue ID as a parameter.
- Via click-to-dial: API accepts Queue ID as a parameter.
- Campaign calls: Must be directed via an Outbound Phone queue.
When an outbound call is directed through an 8x8 Contact Center queue, an agent's status changes to busy preventing any calls being offered to the agent.
Configuring an outbound phone queue in 8x8 Configuration Manager involves:
- Defining outbound phone queue properties
- Assigning outbound phone queue members
- Setting up outbound phone queue call priority
- Defining outbound phone queue SLA
- Viewing campaign assignments