Set up phone channels
An 8x8 Contact Center phone channel processes inbound phone interactions in an 8x8 Contact Center tenant
Phone channels in the 8x8 Contact Center define phone numbers that your customers use to call your contact center.
Service phone channels can only be added or removed from your 8x8 Contact Center tenant by a 8x8 Contact Center representative. The representative coordinates the acquisition and routing of the phone number to the 8x8 platform that hosts your tenant.
- Facilitate inbound phone interactions in a 8x8 Contact Center tenant via Service channels.
- Interact directly with the appropriate phone queues via skill-based routing rules.
- Automatic creation of Service channels with numbers ordered for the tenant through provisioning.
- Ability to edit enable, and disable Service channels via 8x8 Configuration Manager.
- Access to a default IVR script linked to the Service channel.
Setting up a phone channel involves:
- Configuring phone channel properties
- Creating a phone IVR script
- Assigning a script to the phone channel