A channel facilitates communication of interactions in and out of a Virtual Contact Center tenant. When an interaction comes to the channel via phone, email, chat, or social media, it is directed to the appropriate queues via skill-based routing rules. For example, a phone channel directs inbound phone calls from customers to contact center agents, or an email channel is an email address that your customers use to send email requests to the contact center.
Virtual Contact Center supports interactions of all media:
- Phone: Process inbound and outbound phone interactions using the phone channels. A phone channel is automatically crated when a number is ordered for the tenant through provisioning
- Email: Process inbound and outbound email interactions using the email channels. Email channels are created by the Virtual Contact Center administrator in Virtual Contact Center.
- Chat: Process incoming chat requests using the chat channels and direct chat requests from customers to contact center agents. Chat channels are created by the Virtual Contact Center administrator in Virtual Contact Center.
- Social: Process incoming chat requests from Facebook and Twitter and allow agents to accept and handle chat requests from social media. Social channels are created by the Virtual Contact Center administrator in Virtual Contact Center.
- Facilitate communication of interactions in and out of a Virtual Contact Center tenant.
- Interact directly with the appropriate queues via skill-based routing rules.
- Create automatic phone channels through provisioning with every new order of telephone numbers.
- Configure existing phone numbers and email addresses to function as Virtual Contact Center channels.
- Direct messages received in Facebook and Twitter to the chat channels in Virtual Contact Center.
- Create, edit, and delete email, chat, and social channels, while the phone channels can only be edited.
Creating channels involves:
- Setting up phone channels
- Setting up email channels
- Setting up chat channels
- Setting up social channels
- Assigning scripts to channels
Note: You can add email and chat channels from Configuration Manager, but not any phone channels.