What's new in Virtual Office Analytics 2.2 release?
We have introduced the following features along with key usability and performance improvements in the Virtual Office Analytics 2.2 release:
- Enhanced Ring Group Summary report
- Introducing scheduled report for ring groups
- Introducing new and improved APIs
- Call Detail Record enhancements: The scheduled report for Call Detail Record, and the Call Detail Records API, both now support reporting of call legs or call records.
- Ability to select/deselect and reorder columns in the reports: Whether you want to view all columns or a few columns in a report, you can now view and download columns that matter to your business needs.
- End of Life: Legacy scheduled reports have been discontinued. Please use our New Scheduled Report Emails.
In this release, as part of the migration to our new analytics platform, we have migrated and enhanced the Ring Groups report and are offering it as a beta version. We expect to discontinue the legacy Ring Group reports in the next several months. This report contains the same metrics offered in the legacy reports, with significant improvements in usability and performance.
The enhanced Ring Group Summary report will replace the legacy Ring Group Listing and Ring Group Detail reports. With the enhanced Ring Group Summary report in beta, you can:
- Enjoy easier and faster reporting.
- Enjoy more flexible metric comparisons.
- Access related call records easily (Let’s say a ring group shows a few abandoned calls, simply sort and find the call detail records of abandoned calls.)
- Filter ring group data by sites.
- Access call details records for every call handled by ring groups. Take a deeper look at the call legs or simply view the call summary.
- Download member summaries for any ring group. (New)
- Select the desired columns in your report to meet your business needs.
Note: The beta report does not include the following time metrics:
- Call time, Total call time, Average call time
- Ring time, Total ring time, Average ring time
- Abandoned, Total abandoned time, Average abandoned time
To access the Ring Group Summary beta report:
- Log into Virtual Office Analytics.
- Go to Ring Group > Ring Groups Summary (beta) from the menu. The Ring Group Summary report launches.
Ring Group data charts
You can access comparative data for all ring groups using the following data charts:
- The Call Volume Comparison chart offers comparative metrics for total inbound, answered, missed, abandoned, and voice calls
- The Call Time Comparison chart shows comparative metrics for total talk time for all the ring groups.
- The Average Time Comparison chart shows comparative metrics for average talk time, average call time, and average ring time for ring groups.
Access Call Detail Records of ring group calls
The new report now offers integrated call detail records (CDRs) for all ring group calls. You can access CDRs related specifically to the displayed summaries, and can download them as call records or call legs. Learn more.CDRs can be presented as Call Records or Call Legs. The Call Record is a single record view of the overall call designation and metrics and is represented by a single Call ID. The Call Leg provides detailed metrics for each individual call segment within the same call journey and is represented by a Call Leg ID associated with the Call ID. Call Legs (Simplified) does not include child calls (e g. ring group offers).
Let’s say you are reviewing call details of a transferred ring group call, it is currently presented as two individual call legs with detailed call data. While the individual call leg metrics are quite helpful for investigation or analysis, they can be challenging to consume. For example, if you want summary values by call for metrics such as total talk time or total ring time of the entire call, you would need to sum up those time metrics of the two individual call legs. With CDRs presented as call records, you can get the consolidated data in a simple click.
To access call details records for ring group calls:
- Log into Virtual Office Analytics.
- Go to Ring Group > Ring Group Summary (beta) from the menu. The Ring Group Summary report launches.
- Scroll down, click View. A pop-up window launches presenting the call detail records.
- If you wish to view detailed call legs (formerly the default view), select Call legs from the menu.
The new scheduled reports for ring groups offer you the flexibility to:
- Schedule and automatically send ring group reports
- Generate reports for any user-specified timezone
- Deliver the report via email as CSV or PDF attachments to any valid email address
- Email the report as often as the user wants - daily, weekly, monthly, first day of the week, or the first day of the month and more, for any date range up to the first day of the previous month.
To access the new scheduled report for ring groups:
- Click the header menu next to your name.
- From the drop-down list, select Schedule Report Emails (New).
- Click New to schedule a new report. In the drop-down menu for Report, select Ring Group Summary or Ring Group Member Summary.
Schedule a Ring Group Summary report
Wish to track key metrics such as total number of calls, answered calls, missed calls, abandoned calls for each ring group? The ring group summary report offers you the summary of all your ring groups, one row for each ring group. You can now get the dashboard data by email attachments.
Schedule a Ring Group Member Summary report
Wish to track the performance of your ring group members? Schedule a ring group member summary report to know the number of calls answered by each ring group member, their total talk time, and more.
Let’s say Bob, a Sales supervisor wants to get a daily update about the call activity of his ring group members to track the team’s performance. Bob can schedule a ring group member summary report for this specific ring group and set it to a daily frequency. If Bob supervises three ring groups, he can get detailed metrics for each ring group member across all ring groups. If Robin is a member of all these ring groups, Bob can check Robin’s performance in each ring group separately.
In this release, Virtual Office Analytics introduces an API for ring groups. The Ring Group API offers both ring group summaries and member summaries. Additionally, an updated version of Call Detail Records API is available allowing you to access call information by call legs or call records.
Also, we have added the ability to acquire call data for all PBXs for most APIs under a single customer in the same API call. Company Summary, Extension Summary and Call Detail Records now support using the
If your company has the need to create your own custom dashboards, or integrate data directly with your CRM, you can leverage our APIs for Virtual Office Analytics. For documentation, click here. For more information and an API Key, please reach out to your 8x8 representative.
In an earlier release, we introduced the capability of presenting call detail records as call records or call legs. Learn more.CDRs can be presented as Call Records or Call Legs. The Call Record is a single record view of the overall call designation and metrics and is represented by a single Call ID. The Call Leg provides detailed metrics for each individual call segment within the same call journey and is represented by a Call Leg ID associated with the Call ID. Call Legs (Simplified) does not include child calls (e g. ring group offers).
In this release, you can schedule to receive call details records with call records or call legs.
The column selector allows you to customize the data to view or download in your reports. Now referred to as Customize Table, this feature is now enhanced and is available for all your reports. Select the columns you wish to view, hide, or lock. Locking a column disables hiding the column data. Some columns are locked by default to give you the context of the report. For example, in a ring group summary report, the ring group extension number is critical to the report, hence it must always be visible.
You can also order the columns based on your business needs by simply dragging and dropping them
Legacy Scheduled Reports: As of May 10, we have discontinued our legacy Schedule Reports feature. The feature will remain available in the product for the next ~60 days, to allow customers to both review their discontinued schedules and download any old reports from the archive.
Scheduled Report Emails support the same reports as the legacy version: Call Detail Records, Extension Summary and Company Summary, and now also includes Ring Group Summary reports.
2.1.1 Release enhancements
Improved usability in Call Detail Records
You can now view call details records with call leg information or call record information via the choices in the simple drop-down menu. The experience is now simplified with the drop-down menu.
Introducing intraday time range
Let’s say your business operates in multiple shifts and you want to track call traffic for evening shift vs. morning shift this past week. The new intraday time picker allows you to extract data for specified hours within the day. For your morning shift, specify 6 am - 12 pm, and your evening shift runs between 6 pm and 12 pm, simply choose these hours and run the reports. The reports now show the time range next to the date range. We have also introduced two new filters in the date range dimension - This week and This month.
The intraday time range is also available for scheduled reports.
Additional information in the Extension Summary (Beta)
The Extension Summary Beta report now includes username and email address information for each call reported. When you run a report to track extension to extension call traffic, you may have individuals with the same names within the same department. Username and email addresses enable easier reconciliation in this case.
Improved loading performance of ring groups list
In businesses which have implemented a large number of ring groups, while running a ring group list report, the large number of ring groups had occasional loading issues. It is now resolved.
Support for multi-PBXs in APIs
Our APIs for Company Summary, Extension Summary, and Call Detail Records now support data across multiple PBXs.
To learn more about the features and enhancements introduced in the previous releases, click here.