With Internet Fax in 8x8 Work for Desktop, your fax service is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. Send business faxes directly to a company contact's 8x8 Work extension, where the contact can access them from their desktop or mobile app at any time. You are able to send virtually any document on your computer as a fax, and manage past and received faxes from the convenience of your desktop. If you have questions, see our FAQs on faxes via 8x8 Work for Desktop!
Before getting started, set up convenient fax notifications: In your fax settings, you can choose whether to receive email notifications when you send or receive a fax. You can configure these notifications to be text-only, choose to include a link to access faxes, attach the fax itself to the notification, or all three. If you choose to include fax attachments, faxes up to 200 pages in length can be attached.
- Send faxes: Attach multiple files in a single fax, to a total of just under 20 MB.
- Attach business details to a fax: Include additional information in your fax cover sheet before you send a fax, such as your contact information and business number.
- Receive and manage faxes: Access a fax directly from 8x8 Work for up to 60 days, and download an important fax to keep it for longer.
- You may experience issues sending or receiving faxes more than 50 pages in length.
- In your fax settings, you can choose whether to receive email notifications when you send or receive a fax. If you choose to include a link to your voicemails, this link directs you to an online resource, rather than to 8x8 Work for Desktop or 8x8 Work for Mobile.