Note: For information about how to manage call recordings including filtering by date, viewing, listening, and downloading, see Manage call recording.
You can retrieve recordings immediately from hot storage. The SLA for retrieval time of archived recordings is 12 hours.
When a user finishes a call it is stored in hot storage and can be downloaded immediately. This call recording remains available for instant download throughout the hot storage period. The recording is not archived until the cold storage policy begins. That is determined by the amount of hot storage purchased and assigned to the user that generated the call.
For example, if you purchased hot storage for 130 days and cold storage for one year, then on day 131 the recording is automatically moved to cold storage for one year.
Note: Cold storage is currently not supported for 8x8 Work and 8x8 Meet.
To access all call recordings:
- Go to https://login.8x8.com.
- Enter your user credentials and click Login.
- In the 8x8 Application Panel, select the Admin Console tile. The Home page displays.
- The Home page displays. Click Call recordings.
- The Home / Call Recordings page displays. You can retrieve archived recordings from here.
To retrieve a recording from hot storage for (immediately accessible), see Manage call recording.
To retrieve a recording from cold storage archive:
- From the 8x8 Admin Console Home / Call Recording page, right-click on the archived recording you want to retrieve. An archive icon appears to the right of the call’s interaction date.
Note: All archived recordings are indicated by the archive icon.
- Right-click on the archived recording and select Retrieve. Or, select the archived recording and click Retrieve above the Interaction date column. You can retrieve one record at a time or bulk retrieve up to 2 GB of archived records at once.
Note: Recordings that do not have the archive icon are in hot storage and available for immediate download. See Manage call recording for instructions how to download a recording.
- The Retrieve recording ? dialog displays. Click Retrieve.
Note: It can take up to 12 hours SLA for a recording to be retrieved from archive.
An circular wait icon displays indicating that the retrieval is in progress. When the recording is retrieved from archive, you receive a notification email from where you can directly access the retrieved recordings.
To cancel a recording that is currently being retrieved:
- Go to the 8x8 Admin Console Home / Call Recording page.
- Right-click on the recording that is currently being retrieved and select Cancel retrieval. This cancels the retrieval and the recording remains in the archive.
When one or more retrieved recordings from the archive are available for access, you receive a notification email that prompts you to access the retrieved recording.
Note: Retrieved recordings are only accessible for a maximum of seven days. After which they are automatically placed back into the archive.
To access a retrieved recording via the notification email prompt:
- Log in to the 8x8 Admin Console.
- If you retrieved one recording, you receive a notification email with the subject Recording is ready!.
- Open the email and click VIEW IN RECORDINGS APP .
- If you retrieved multiple recordings, you receive a notification email with the subject Recording is ready!.
- Open the email and click VIEW IN RECORDING APP to display the 8x8 Admin Console Home/Call Recordings page.
Click on the retrieved recording to display recording details.
Or, you can access each retrieved recording directly by clicking on each recording link in the notification email.