Once you have access to Virtual Office for Zoho, follow the checklist below to get started:
- Gather your credentials.
- Add Chrome extension.
- Log in to the integration.
- Activate the integration.
- Tour the interface.
- Access contacts.
In order to use Virtual Office for Zoho, you need:
- Login access to a Zoho account.
- Login access to an 8x8 Virtual Office extension.
Virtual Office for Zoho is dependent on your Virtual Office extension also being logged in to either on your desktop or a mobile device.
As a Zoho agent, you must add a Google Chrome extension for integration with 8x8.
To add the 8x8 Integration Chrome extension:
- Open the Chrome web store.
- Search for <8x8> in the Chrome web store. 8x8 Virtual Office for Integrations appears in the list.
- Click Add to Chrome.
- Click Add Extension to confirm.
- In the Chrome browser, click the More icon and go to More Tools > Extensions. 8x8 Integrations now shows up, and is enabled by default.
Single Sign-On is not supported for Zoho; log in to the integration using individual system sign-on.
To log in to the integration:
- Log in to your Zoho account.
- In the top-left corner of your home screen, click the 8x8 integration icon. The application launches in a floating browser window.
At the prompt, enter your user ID and password to log in to Virtual Office for Zoho. Consult your supervisor for credentials.
Note: Multiple invalid login attempts may lock you out.
To activate the integration, you must first connect with Zoho via your settings.
To activate the integration:
- Click the Settings icon in your integration panel.
- Go to Integrations > Zoho > Connect. If connected successfully, you see a message summary.
- Click X to return to the main screen of the integration. Your integration is now active.
The Virtual Office for Zoho interface consists of a navigation menu with the following menu items:
- Under the VO tab, you can access:
- Phone : Access your dialpad, view your active calls, and take notes to log calls.
- Call Log : Access all historic inbound and outbound calls to the extension. From here, you can also access notes that you have created for each of your calls in Zoho.
- Contacts : Access contacts from Zoho and the 8x8 Virtual Office contact directory.
- More : Click to access the following option:
- Logout: Log out of the app.
- Under the Search tab, you can assign contacts to active calls with unknown numbers or numbers that have multiple contact matches.
- Under Settings , you can customize your app settings.
Note: The Contact and Account objects are enabled by default, and the Lead and Vendor objects are disabled by default.
- Locale: Specify your locale.
- About: View details on your user extension and the app.
From the Contacts tab, browse or search for contacts from your contact directory and/or Zoho to make calls. Simply hover over the desired contact, and click the icon to call.