If your 8x8 Virtual Office extension uses only a softphone, you must log in to one of the following clients to handle calls:
- Virtual Office desktop app
- Virtual Office mobile app
Use the same credentials to log in to Virtual Office for Vtiger. If your Virtual Office extension is assigned with a desk phone, use the call control panel in the application to answer incoming and outgoing calls.
During an inbound or outbound call, Virtual Office for Vtiger looks up the phone number of the caller and then searches for a matching record in the CRM. On finding a matching record, it presents the record for you to preview and prepare for the call. This process is referred to as screen pop.
The search may return:
- A single match: The number is associated with a single Vtiger contact. The matching record is presented in a new browser tab.
- Multiple matches: The number is associated with multiple Vtiger contacts. In the event of multiple matching contacts, the app lists all matches in the Search tab of the integration. By default, the call log is linked to the first record in the list. Assign the call to the appropriate user, and click the Search icon next to the desired record to view the details.
- No match: In the absence of matching contacts, a call log is created as an event in Vtiger. After the call ends, the Events screen pops up. It contains the unknown user’s phone number. You can create a contact based on the event log information for the unknown user.
You can place calls to your Virtual Office and Vtiger contacts from the dial pad, contact list, or call log in Virtual Office for Vtiger.
Note: All outbound calls are two-legged calls. When you dial out, the call dials out to you first. Once you accept the call, the call dials out to the dialed party.
For phone numbers dialed from the dial pad, call log, or contact list, the system looks up a matching record and pops it up for your preview. For details, see our content on screen pop.
When you receive an inbound call, the app notifies you of an incoming call and indicates if the caller is a known contact or not. When you receive a call, the system looks up a matching record and pops it up for your preview. For details, see our content on screen pop.
Depending on the caller number, you go through one of three calling experiences:
- Single match: The number is associated with a single Vtiger contact. By default, single-match calls bring up the records via screen pop.
- Multiple match: The number is associated with multiple Vtiger contacts.
- No match: The number is not associated with any of your Vtiger contacts.
While on a call in Virtual Office for Vtiger, you have access to call controls that enhance your calling experience. Using the call controls, you can:
- Hold : Place the caller on hold, or resume a held call.
- Transfer : Transfer the caller to another user.
Click New line above the call control panel, and dial the desired number. Once the new party answers the call, you can merge your two calls into a three-way conference.
Note: The ability to make additional calls depends on how your Virtual Office extension is set up.
Note: Before recording a call, please review applicable call recording laws in your vicinity or region.
Upon terminating a call, Virtual Office for Vtiger generates a call log. A call log is created for inbound and outbound interactions, and is automatically saved as an event in Vtiger. The event also includes a link to the recorded call.
You can view all Events from the calendar List view in Vtiger. The call log includes information such as the call’s status, activity type, contact name, start time, and date the call was answered. These call logs are available for future reference; you can access them by searching in Vtiger, or by opening the call details in Virtual Office for Vtiger and clicking the Notes icon.
Depending on the number of matches, an event can be linked to the end-user record as follows:
- Single match: If there is a matching record, a log is created and associated to the record as an event.
- Multiple matches: In case of multiple matching records, there is no screen pop. A call log is created and associated as an event to the first record in the list.
- No match: In the absence of a matching record, a message indicates the lack of a matching record. The call is logged as an event.
We recommend that you complete and save Vtiger events containing your call logs immediately after a call ends; this ensures that the event is as complete and accurate as possible. If agents are busy and unable to complete the event activity immediately after the call, they can do so at their leisure by accessing the events from Virtual Office for Vtiger. You can view the list of events under the Calendar tab using the List view.
To finish and save a previously-uncompleted call log:
- Open the Call log tab in the integration panel to see the list of recently handled calls.
- From the list of calls, hover over the desired call, and click the Notes icon to open the call log for further editing.
- A pop-up screen opens in a new browser window. Scroll down to view the call log information.
- At the upper-right corner of the screen, click the Edit icon to edit details.
- Click Save.